My Htc Vivid is rooted now I want to create a Wireless Hot spot.

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am running a Htc Vivid AT&T phone. My problem is how to get around the worning flag that says "if you want to tether this device please dial 611" I don't want to buy tethering because i will lose my unlimited data plan. So I unlocked everything and rooted. What now??? Do I need an App? or can I use what's on my phone. I don't tether enough to alert AT&T of my data so i would rather hack the phone to use it's internal wireless hot spot. /:p

Kandoo-BB

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Why has no one replied to this? Sounds like a question I would ask being as I'm new here. Idk maybe I came to the wrong place I guess. Op I hope you got the help you needed. Cheers.

Sent from my fingers using Tapatalk

Reactions: kelnhofer

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I could not be of help. I use the WiFi hotspot since its included in my plan. When I was using a rooted device I used an app called WiFi tether. You can google search it. Just type WiFi tether apk. It worked for me. It's worth a shot. I'm sorry I could not help more.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

Reactions: kelnhofer

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: My Htc Vivid is rooted now I want to create a Wireless Hot sp

I would have thought that more people would be modding their HTC Vivid but I am finding it hard to find anyone who really knows this phone! I have tried the apps for tethering and even paid the $25.00 for Tether but have had no luck getting anything t:(o actually wirelessly tether with my phone.

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Yup tried wi fi tether too. Nothing. If I call at@t to get wireless hotspot they will give it to me with a new, limited data plan. I will lose my current unlimited plan.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I know I am.in the same boat. I am waiting for an ics Rom so I can root mine. I was thinking of going with a sense 3.5 Rom but I really wanted an ics Rom. It's being developed as we speak. What 25 dollars did you pay for hot spot? From AT&T? I read on another forum thread that there is no working apps for tethering as of yet. People tried barnacle as well with no luck.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Barnacle is the latest atempt but also no luck. I paid for the app " Tether" It is a app from tether.com I guess i'll have to wait for someone to come up with a vallid code that I can use. I am looking forward to the new HTC Ellite. Quad core.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Oh definitely! I'm a big HTC fan so I usually stick with them. It looks to be a beast! I have been searching on xda as well and It seems there are some who messed with the apn setttings and also some who tried a sim card removal trick. It doesn't look promising though as most say it has not worked but a couple people have had success. It looks like its hit or miss.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a custom Rom installed on your phone or are you stock? I am seeing that people who have a Rom such as holiraider Rom can use the WiFi hotspot and it is workig fine.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Yup, TRIED THAT TOO. WHEN I TOGGLE MY AIRPLANE MODE BACK OFF MY PHONE FORCES A DELAY THAT PREVENTS ME FROM MAKING THAT TRICK WORK. I AM SOL as far as wireless tethering goes. "Sorry about the Capps"! Well I gotta get up early so I will talk again soon, Gary

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I am stock! But I will try flashing holiraider if you think it will work with my Vivid. And where can I find it?

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I will try to flash holliraider if you think it will work with my Vivid! where can I download a safe copy?

Last edited:

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I will try to flash Holiraider , if you think it will work with my Vivid. Where can I get a clean copy?

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Hello, I am interested in this Rom however, I am concerned that it includes BEATS audio support. I have an AT&T vivid that does not yet support BEATS. Will this be an issue?
What is your idea on this matter? Gary

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I am just getting back to you. I was gone all day. As for beats audio its in the Rom and you will be able to use it. It's basically an equalizer. So you shouldn't have an issue.

Sent from my HTC PH39100

kelnhofer

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Sounds great! I will prepare my phone and flash it on wed or Thursday. I will be sure to post my outcome. Thanks for your help, Gary
I have already downloaded the files I need.