Android 2.1 Wallpapers

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Much better and a lot more. I also have the new ringtones as well. Just need to convert them first.

No need to convert if you don't have time. Android loves .ogg files! I'm using them raw right out of the Nexus dump on my Hero, and they play just fine on my Droid right off the SD card.

Of course they won't play in any other phone...so nevermind me lol.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
No need to convert if you don't have time. Android loves .ogg files! I'm using them raw right out of the Nexus dump on my Hero, and they play just fine on my Droid right off the SD card.

Of course they won't play in any other phone...so nevermind me lol.

How do I get them in my ringtones from my sd card as .ogg files? :confused:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I know if I put MP3's on the sd card I can use them as ringtones but these files are the .ogg files I am not familiar with. Hey - I'm new to Android. :p

Ah! Gotcha. Hey, no worries. I'm still on the learning curve as well. Android has built in support for .ogg files, so you should just be able to dump them on the SD card and have it work just the same as MP3's.

Vorbis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Citation number 43.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Weird, now they are there. Not sure why they did not show up right away when I put them in there. Oh well, works now.

Android reads the cached data until you un-mount and remount the SD card again or reboot.

Sometimes lol

The whole way of doing it needs re-written. In any case it's nothing you did, or can do better next time :)

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Stupid question , but is there anyway to get the animated wallpapers from 2.1. to work on 2.0.1 droid ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non