XBOX One - Hugely disappointed.

Iosnation

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So, Microsoft announced:
No free online gaming, just like the 360. (Gold required. Also, Gold is required for Netflix and some other stuff too.)
No backwards compatibility!!!!:(
If offline for 24+ hours, then no online for you.
Using used games restricted. You have to be online for 30 straight days.
Still, $100 more expensive than the PlayStation 4.
I mean, what were they thinking? The PS4 is better in almost every way imaginable.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All this was debated and discussed months prior to the release. Sure its an impressive system like the PS4 but I think when it comes to the online experience Sony won the battle in terms of restrictions and others topics you discussed.

Myself, I will be holding off for a while before even thinking of picking up the XBOX One. Let the price drop and more titles come out and make my decision from there. Until then my XBOX 360 serves me just fine ;)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, Microsoft announced:
No free online gaming, just like the 360. (Gold required. Also, Gold is required for Netflix and some other stuff too.)
I mean, what were they thinking? The PS4 is better in almost every way imaginable.

1.) I'm not upset about the pay wall at all. Even PlayStation 4 implemented this for online gaming and without it Xbox Live wouldn't be as strong. As for hiding Netflix behind the wall that's a touchy subject but I could care less personally.

2.) Sony doesn't offer backwards compatibility either. Its the nature of the beast now that consoles run on PC architecture now rather than the console style of the past.

3.) Your information is severely outdated. Microsoft removed the 24 hour check in way before the console was released due to so much negative feedback. The check in was to verify you owned the disc still because you wouldn't need to insert it every time to play. If you didn't sign online then you would need to sign in to verify. You wouldn't lose access to signing on though and that was never part of their vision.

4.) You can buy used games as much as you wish and play them immediately. In fact, most 3rd party developers and Microsoft have removed online passes from last generation. Again, you have outdated information.

5.) Its more expensive but its worth every penny of it. Kinect is an amazing add-on but many don't realize its potential. I won't play games with it but the voice commands are worth the price of admission. I walk into my room and say Xbox On. This turns on my TV, Xbox One, cable and speakers. I say "Xbox Watch TV" and it switches to TV. During Battlefield I say "Need Ammo" and he calls for ammo. NBA 2K14 you can get a technical for cussing when near a referee.

You need to look up the facts before you make a post like this. I'm a nice guy but others would label you a fanboy just for spreading outdated information so your console of choice seems justified. I have both Xbox One and PS4 and clearly Xbox One has a far superior online service just like it did last generation. The real question comes down to this; which system has the exclusives you care about most? In the end that's all that matters because both systems are nearly identical and the power difference between the two has a far smaller gap than the 50% number people throw around.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Iosnation

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
1.) I'm not upset about the pay wall at all. Even PlayStation 4 implemented this for online gaming and without it Xbox Live wouldn't be as strong. As for hiding Netflix behind the wall that's a touchy subject but I could care less personally.

2.) Sony doesn't offer backwards compatibility either. Its the nature of the beast now that consoles run on PC architecture now rather than the console style of the past.

3.) Your information is severely outdated. Microsoft removed the 24 hour check in way before the console was released due to so much negative feedback. The check in was to verify you owned the disc still because you wouldn't need to insert it every time to play. If you didn't sign online then you would need to sign in to verify. You wouldn't lose access to signing on though and that was never part of their vision.

4.) You can buy used games as much as you wish and play them immediately. In fact, most 3rd party developers and Microsoft have removed online passes from last generation. Again, you have outdated information.

5.) Its more expensive but its worth every penny of it. Kinect is an amazing add-on but many don't realize its potential. I won't play games with it but the voice commands are worth the price of admission. I walk into my room and say Xbox On. This turns on my TV, Xbox One, cable and speakers. I say "Xbox Watch TV" and it switches to TV. During Battlefield I say "Need Ammo" and he calls for ammo. NBA 2K14 you can get a technical for cussing when near a referee.

You need to look up the facts before you make a post like this. I'm a nice guy but others would label you a fanboy just for spreading outdated information so your console of choice seems justified. I have both Xbox One and PS4 and clearly Xbox One has a far superior online service just like it did last generation. The real question comes down to this; which system has the exclusives you care about most? In the end that's all that matters because both systems are nearly identical and the power difference between the two has a far smaller gap than the 50% number people throw around.

Uh... really sorry about that. Didn't check it in quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh... really sorry about that. Didn't check it in quite some time.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
So, Microsoft announced:

wrong on all of them

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Xbox One is being good, we just hope for the new update to make the machine faster, because navigate the home of the console is very slow.. :-X

Too slow if you ask me. Can't wait for Windows 10 and since I'm in the Preview Program I'll get to try it out early. I already traded on my PS4 since I don't have time for both so its up to Microsoft to step it up.

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Xbox One is being good, we just hope for the new update to make the machine faster, because navigate the home of the console is very slow.. :-X

that maybe becuz the dashboard on xbox one is a pile of crap ya ok I admit it the controller has no good buttons for menu an the other I mean come on the 3 lines button and the 2 overlappin squeres button wtf was microsft thinkin they should just throw the xbox dash away an update the dash on the 360 for it now that was a great dashboard it even had a games hub where u could see it and it told u with a popup when ur buddys came online

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Too slow if you ask me. Can't wait for Windows 10 and since I'm in the Preview Program I'll get to try it out early. I already traded on my PS4 since I don't have time for both so its up to Microsoft to step it up.

I completely agree ! Really hoping for windows 10 to save Xbox One dashboard and upgrade the console well !

Goosinurwife : the controls of the pad doesn't bother me but it's the lack of fluidity which is really embarassing, it's so frustrating to wait long seconds in game to see your achievements or friends online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa