Stuck at "Waiting for device"

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to root my Xoom in order to install the USB storage device fix. I went through the unlock procedure without a hitch; but, when i tried to follow down to the next step "rooting the Xoom" it gets stuck.

I entered "fastboot flash boot rootboot.img", hit return, and I get the message "waiting for device" and nothing happens. I tried to reboot Xoom and I made sure the USB debugging was checked, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to root my Xoom in order to install the USB storage device fix. I went through the unlock procedure without a hitch; but, when i tried to follow down to the next step "rooting the Xoom" it gets stuck.

I entered "fastboot flash boot rootboot.img", hit return, and I get the message "waiting for device" and nothing happens. I tried to reboot Xoom and I made sure the USB debugging was checked, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Is your Xoom in fast boot when you try this?

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My instructions have an error, before you flash that image boot your xoom in to the boot loader by typing:

After it reboots proceed with the image flash. I will update the guide.

That did the trick. Actually I had figured that out and got it rooted earlier. Then had to cook diner on the grill and hadn't gotten around to posting it.

I'm trying to get everything reinstallled now.

Thanks

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That did the trick. Actually I had figured that out and got it rooted earlier. Then had to cook diner on the grill and hadn't gotten around to posting it.

I'm trying to get everything reinstallled now.

Thanks

I appreciate you posting that! - Geez, guess I let one get by me ;).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez