universal inbox

colhogan123

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
ics update i no longer have a universal inox i just have box for text message also no longer have adobe flash player anyone else having issues as well not happy with ics update at all:mad:

colhogan123

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
since ics update no longer have adobe flash system does not support it the universal inbox had gmail along with text messages together now seperate

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
since ics update no longer have adobe flash system does not support it the universal inbox had gmail along with text messages together now seperate
Not sure what you are talking about universal txt and gmail together because it was never together.. maybe i am missing something. were you using an app or something? what phone?

also adobe stopped supporting flash few days ago and wont let anyone install it.
so irrespective of you upgrading to ICS you wouldnt be able to use flash from now on but you can side load.

colhogan123

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
what i meant about universal inbox is that is was for gmail and text messages it was a motorola widget i understand the adobe flash will not work with ics update what is a sideload and how do you do this thank you for the help :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

colhogan123

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
well i tried manually doing adobe flah that was suggested still nothing so super annoyed by this does anyone know when their miht be a new flash that will work with ICS this is so crazy i had no problem beforei dont care for the new layout of ICS at all when something is good why change it :(

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
well i tried manually doing adobe flah that was suggested still nothing so super annoyed by this does anyone know when their miht be a new flash that will work with ICS this is so crazy i had no problem beforei dont care for the new layout of ICS at all when something is good why change it :(
blame adobe for that... they said they wont release flash!!! thats one thing i hate about flash we are under the mercy of on single company adobe... if they don't we wont get... i think its better everyone ditch flash... i dont even remember the last time i used flash.
i dont even miss flash now.

Last edited:

gls_az

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
There is a wonderfully simple way to accomplish the same purpose. All you need to do is to stack the widgets for G-mail, E-mail, Text, one top of each other. You will then have a "folder" that will open when you tap it to reveal each service.
You can do this with other widgets to group them together and use less screen real estate.

TRACON

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
The Universal Inbox was FANTASTIC...it had each email account discretely annotated...with a blue bubble next to each with # of unread messages as well as your text icon. Fantastic. Spoke with Motorola Tier 2 support wrt Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4) build install and they appologized for the loss of the great inbox tool. They are looking into a recoup of the old app. There are none out there that do this...most are just like the iPhone email aggregator app - one site for all emails from all accounts - pushes all! Too too busy.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I love the universal Inbox in Pre-ICS Motorola phone . I've 5 Emails, Twitter, Facebook & Youtube in it
I wasn't gonna update my Atrix (back when it was Scheduled to get ICS) to ICS because they removed the universal Inbox , Maybe that's why I didn't care when they cancelled it , plus my xoom already have ICS

I'm happy with my Atrix on Gingerbread & I'm planning to keep it when I get an HTC 8X

Sent from my MZ601 using Android Central Forums

HopeMcCloud

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The Universal Inbox was FANTASTIC...it had each email account discretely annotated...with a blue bubble next to each with # of unread messages as well as your text icon. Fantastic. Spoke with Motorola Tier 2 support wrt Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4) build install and they appologized for the loss of the great inbox tool. They are looking into a recoup of the old app. There are none out there that do this...most are just like the iPhone email aggregator app - one site for all emails from all accounts - pushes all! Too too busy.

I spoke with my phone service support and they had the following alternative: get rid of the old universal inbox widget. Go to apps, touch the word WIDGETS at the top of the screen, scroll til you see "email". Touch and hold email ( hint - you will need a 2 x 2 spot on the home screen otherwise you'll get a message not enough room). It will prompt for an account. Select "Combined view" . It will prompt for you to choose Inbox (all) or Inbox (unread). If you want to change your options later, just remove the widget and repeat the process with the desired selections. Hope it works - I just installed it. I had one problem - I was touching the widget in the middle of the box, and it was opening that piece of mail. To get the "combined inbox" you need to touch the envelope with the @ sign.

It's not exactly the same, but it might be close enough until Google brings it back.