I can't update my galaxy S3 from 4.0.4 ICS to Jelly Bean

svictor

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I can't update my S3 to Jelly Bean because when i enter "software update" in the phone settings it says "software is up to date".And when i try using Kies it shows me this "Your device's current firmware is not supported to update firmware via Kies"
Current firmware version: PDA:LH1/PHONE:LH1/CSC:LH1(THR)".
What should i do?

Susan Dennick

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy 10.1 had updated some time ago to JB skipping ICS entirely. I didn't like JB initially, but after a couple of days, I was fine with it. I froze totally last week and had to go to factory reset. After the reset, I had ICS and, as you, in settings I am "up to date," which seemed ridiculous since I had had JB? I got on to Samsung 'cause I wanted JB back and had an online chat with a rep, who informed me there is no way I can get JB now. My 10.1 (2 yrs old) will now only support ICS.

For what it's worth, I am now so happy with ICS, that I am thrilled that I had to do the reset and can't get JB. I find it much easier to use. Hope you experience the same. Sometimes these upgrades are more trouble than they're worth.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My Galaxy 10.1 had updated some time ago to JB skipping ICS entirely. I didn't like JB initially, but after a couple of days, I was fine with it. I froze totally last week and had to go to factory reset. After the reset, I had ICS and, as you, in settings I am "up to date," which seemed ridiculous since I had had JB? I got on to Samsung 'cause I wanted JB back and had an online chat with a rep, who informed me there is no way I can get JB now. My 10.1 (2 yrs old) will now only support ICS.

For what it's worth, I am now so happy with ICS, that I am thrilled that I had to do the reset and can't get JB. I find it much easier to use. Hope you experience the same. Sometimes these upgrades are more trouble than they're worth.
Welcome to the forums!

Hey,
I can't update my S3 to Jelly Bean because when i enter "software update" in the phone settings it says "software is up to date".And when i try using Kies it shows me this "Your device's current firmware is not supported to update firmware via Kies"
Current firmware version: PDA:LH1/PHONE:LH1/CSC:LH1(THR)".
What should i do?
Welcome to the forums!
What carrier are you on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty