Cannot read internal memory

spacemand

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have just updated my Galaxy s2 from ICS to JB, and now everytime i go to open my gallery it says that there is no space and to delete. When I have connect via usb to pc, the files seem write protected, and cannot be deleted.

It seems the phone cannot recognise my internal storage, and there is no option to mount/dismount in the settings > storage tab.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have just updated my Galaxy s2 from ICS to JB, and now everytime i go to open my gallery it says that there is no space and to delete. When I have connect via usb to pc, the files seem write protected, and cannot be deleted.

It seems the phone cannot recognise my internal storage, and there is no option to mount/dismount in the settings > storage tab.

Do a factory restore. If you signed in with a Google account and you checked the backup my phone with my account you can get that data after you do the restore. Thank if I helped.

spacemand

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I carried out a factory restore, the gallery was then accessible, and after approximately 20 minutes, the same problem has occured.

This seems it may be from the apps reinstalling, i have checked if there is low memory, with 3Gb available. and when plugged into usb, the files are viewable, but write protected.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Get an 8 gb or higher micro sd for it. Put everything possible onto it. Everything besides apps can put onto to it. Don't need to use the phones memory when you can use the external first.

Keeha

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same exact problem after upgrading to JB on a Galaxy S2. I've found some hidden files in the gallery cache which supposedly take up 88.16 GB, but I can't delete them due to supposed write-protection (mind you, my internal/"USB storage" memory is only ~11 GB, so I'm not sure how that works...). I've been scouring the internet and I can't find a way to delete those files via phone or computer. If you've found a solution, please post! I want my phone's memory/functionality back...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty