New to Android. Suggestions/Recommendations Welcomed!

Alterthending

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
After having every Apple iPhone (except 5) I have decided to switch to Samsung Galaxy S4. I have never used an Android device before so this is going to be a fun experience exploring all the new things the iPhone's didn't have (like everything this android does). I don't know a thing about Android though so I am a little behind but eager to catch up. My phone comes fedex tomorrow and I could use all the info on apps, the android os, the best place to get music outside of the play store, really everything and anything android.

Thanks for helping this newbie.

Nathan

Alterthending

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also, I've always been told that since android is open source that I should have an "anti-virus" program. Is there ANY truth to this? And, if so, recommend one. Thanks.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does android/google have a music software like iTunes?

Samsung Kies serves as a de-facto iTunes specifically for Samsung handsets. However, you can simply use explorer on a Windows PC to drag and drop media files to the phone as you see fit, thus eliminating the need for such constrictions from proprietary software. Kies IMO is only useful for OS updates.

Posted via Android Central App

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, I've always been told that since android is open source that I should have an "anti-virus" program. Is there ANY truth to this? And, if so, recommend one. Thanks.

Such outlandish claims! Android IS an open-source mobile platform, but recent improvements by Google has made the OS more secure. The only way you can receive viruses on your android device is by downloading pirated apps from 3rd-party websites. With Play Store now packing a built-in malware scanner for apps, the need for an Antivirus program on your phone is nonexistent.

Posted via Android Central App