I'm growing tired of Android.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Using android again (I didnt switch, just never used my phone often.) And don't quite want to switch to another os and I just got the lovely Moto X 2 months ago, and customized.

1) Though it bothers me, Not alot follows the prefered design guide lines really well (unline ios, maybe google should close down on their apps more.)
2) Androids overlooked as 2nd OS, though that dosent stop me from liking it, I even like WP8 and BB10.
3) I like the fact that you can choose default apps, but everytime I click a link it ask me, if I click always, it seems to save for that link only, not youtube.com = Youtube app, or web = chrome (Why is NFL Mobile a option?).
4) Its a mess. The OS dosen't seem full, I know it changes more often then the rest, but whats wrong with if your going to change something, do it all in one go. Settings are still black, theres still the blue everywhere, some other stuff.

I'll probably stick to android, maybe go windows phone for a little. Gah why do these bother me?? Anyone else kinda irked by android in some ways?

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to admit that I don't understand all of what you're getting at here, but I do understand that Android is considered a second, or better yet second class, operating system. It bothers me with respect to apps and app developers. There 3 or 4 really nice apps that I'd like to have working, but they have had problems for the longest time and there doesn't seem to be any rush to fix them. One needs a very minor fix in that it won't post to Facebook. At the other end of the spectrum is an app that can't even stay open on my 2012 Nexus 7 Android 4.4.2 Tablet. First, I had to wait to get them because iOS got them first. Now, they don't seem to have adjusted well to the system upgrade to Kit Kat, so I'll have to wait again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I feel that Android has been evolving quite smoothly and organically ever since Ice Cream Sandwich, and keeps on improving and innovating. There may be inconsistencies in the UI, but I have noticed many app developers updating their apps to conform to the UI language much better. Sure, there might be some settings screens in white and others in black, but have you worked with iOS 7? Lots of Tumblrs and other blogs pointing out glaring UI inconsistencies from such a vaunted design powerhouse: Look At All The Bugs And Glitches Tumblr Users Have Found In iOS 7, Apple's New iPhone Software - Business Insider

There's no doubt that many app developers continue to favor iOS, and for some developers, the Android app seems to be a lame port. But I think this has improved significantly over the past couple of years. I rarely see an Android app any more that has iOS design language, and as Android continues to dominate global marketshare, I think we will continue to see high quality apps designed for Android.

Anyway, I eagerly look forward to continued awesome from Google.:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis