Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hammerhead? What the...?

This morning I turned on my phone and when the screen came up it was a screen with the green Android robot and since I didn't have my glasses on the only thing I could read was "Hammerhead" near the top of the screen. My first thought was that it had done a reset but I hit the power button and it finished starting into the normal home screen. This is actually the second time in 2 weeks this has happened.
    What is this and should I be concerned?

Edit: This is a Nexus 5 with Kit Kat 4.4.2

Global Posts
    20,090 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Hammerhead? What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoyMS View Post
    This morning I turned on my phone and when the screen came up it was a screen with the green Android robot and since I didn't have my glasses on the only thing I could read was "Hammerhead" near the top of the screen. My first thought was that it had done a reset but I hit the power button and it finished starting into the normal home screen. This is actually the second time in 2 weeks this has happened.
    What is this and should I be concerned?

Edit: This is a Nexus 5 with Kit Kat 4.4.2
    Not sure about what you saw, but Hammerhead is the codename for the Nexus 5.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Maybe you booted into fastboot mode. It's not a problem.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yep, I just found that before checking back here. Think I'll check over at Google (Nexus support) and ask why I'm seeing that screen.