Why is there no gallery in Lollipop 5.0?

PrasadAtAndriod

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Why There is no gallery in lollipop 5.0

I have updated android os from 4.4.4 to 5.0 that is lollipop to my nexus 5, after updating i found that there is no gallery to explore photos .
So how do i explore/view my pics and videos which are there in my mobile.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why There is no gallery in lollipop 5.0

Yeah, Google got rid of it as the Photo app has the same purpose. I prefer it, on all my devices I use the Google Photo's app instead of the stock one

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Is there any way to get a list view in the Photos app? As videos are displayed by a thumbnail and its impossible to find a particular title by that method.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Is there any way to get a list view in the Photos app? As videos are displayed by a thumbnail and its impossible to find a particular title by that method.

Not sure about Lollipop - but there Isn't in the KitKat version of the photo's app

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Just had a quick look at QuickPix and it looks kinda cool, does it intergrate Google Photo's with the photo's on the device?

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Not sure about Lollipop - but there Isn't in the KitKat version of the photo's app

Prior to a recent update, the Play Movies & TV app listed movies on your device, this is where i went to select a movie. This has now been removed.

It's frustrating when you need to install another app to do something pretty simple. The main reason i bought an Nexus 5 was to avoid bloatware and have minimal apps.

My old S4 had so many gimmicks and bloat but it did have many solid standard features.

PrasadAtAndriod

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

Yep.. your right we can use Google Photo's to explore pics, but always you should have the internet connection right?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Yep.. your right we can use Google Photo's to explore pics, but always you should have the internet connection right?

Not sure about the internet connection, I can always view my device pics if I don't have the internet connection, but I can't view my backed up pics

mathurvijay

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey
I also just had an update to 5.0 Lolipop and found difficulty in looking at Gallery. But i found it in "Photos" only. There is an option list appears when you slide to right, and there is an option "On Device". then will take you to gallery view (category wise view like Camera, whatsapp, bluetooth etc.)

Regards,
Vijay Mathur

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, Google got rid of it as the Photo app has the same purpose. I prefer it, on all my devices I use the Google Photo's app instead of the stock one

I like how it backs up all of your pictures too

Posted via Android Central App

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
What I don't get is how I'm still able to use the messaging app that was stock on my Nexus 4 even after they try to switch to Hangout with Kitkat and now there is a new messaging app. So now I'm at 3 apps for sms only by updating the OS. But they decide to completely get rid of the gallery. I don't mind, really, I just don't get it.

Novelh

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

I've replaced Gallery and Photos with the Piktures app. It integrates well with stock editing app

Posted via the Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
What I don't get is how I'm still able to use the messaging app that was stock on my Nexus 4 even after they try to switch to Hangout with Kitkat and now there is a new messaging app. So now I'm at 3 apps for sms only by updating the OS. But they decide to completely get rid of the gallery. I don't mind, really, I just don't get it.
I don't understand why they've decided to re-introduce a separate messenger app again, either, especially when the new app doesn't support Google Voice. I use GV almost exclusively as my SMS number, so it is a showstopper for me not to be able to use it. I was so happy when Google finally integrated GV with Hangouts SMS.

ACADM

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why they've decided to re-introduce a separate messenger app again, either, especially when the new app doesn't support Google Voice. I use GV almost exclusively as my SMS number, so it is a showstopper for me not to be able to use it. I was so happy when Google finally integrated GV with Hangouts SMS.

The overwhelming majority of Android users don't have GV, so in the most part it's a non issue. Also, a lot of people just want a SMS app and that's what they've got with the new updated Messenger app. With all that in mind, Google will probably ditch the old green SMS app completely as more phones get updated and new models come out.

Posted via Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The overwhelming majority of Android users don't have GV, so in the most part it's a non issue. Also, a lot of people just want a SMS app and that's what they've got with the new updated Messenger app. With all that in mind, Google will probably ditch the old green SMS app completely as more phones get updated and new models come out.
Even if it were to be true that the lack of GV support isn't a big issue, I still disagree with the idea of having to use separate apps for Hangouts and SMS. I suspect a lot of people do want to use one application to send messages to anyone regardless of whether or not they have a Google account, just like the iOS people use iMessage. That's what Hangouts allows you to do, though the interface has a lot to be desired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sergihf10