What's the point if they don't actually push the updates?

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what is going on with Google, but I have lost faith, big time. My family is all Google. My wife and I are Nexus, Nexus tablets, Android Wear.

My N7(2013) and her N7 (2013) never got the update. Our N5's never got Kit Kat. Our N7's never got Kit Kat. I had to side load. Sure, I can side load, but I am VERY tech savvy. What if I am not? We would have waited Gods know how long to get those updates, and we still don't have Lollipop.

Add that to this garbage battery on my N6, as well as the extreme lag opening up the phone app, super slow boot time, and very noticeable write times.... What's the point?

We where supposed to get updates on Nexus devices, that is the selling point.

P.S. Don't start that BS Google doesn't owe us updates, that's garbage. Of course they do. They want to stay current, they want to stay ahead of crApple. They most certainly owe us updates.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what is going on with Google, but I have lost faith, big time. My family is all Google. My wife and I are Nexus, Nexus tablets, Android Wear.

My N7(2013) and her N7 (2013) never got the update. Our N5's never got Kit Kat. Our N7's never got Kit Kat. I had to side load. Sure, I can side load, but I am VERY tech savvy. What if I am not? We would have waited Gods know how long to get those updates, and we still don't have Lollipop.

Add that to this garbage battery on my N6, as well as the extreme lag opening up the phone app, super slow boot time, and very noticeable write times.... What's the point?

P.S. Don't start that BS Google doesn't owe us updates, that's garbage. Of course they do. They want to stay current, they want to stay ahead of crApple. They most certainly owe us updates.

I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree, I agree, I AGREE!!!!!!!

Thanks for speaking for ME!!!

Sincerely,

Frustrated N7 (2013) Owner still on KitKat

Posted via Android Central App

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps they've delayed updates while they iron out bugs so they only have to push to devices the once ?

You don't really have to be tech savvy to sideload. Once you get over the initial fear its just a case of following a guide, there are plenty of well written ones.

All eligible devices will get the update once Google are happy with it. My N7 had the OTA update and it's performance suffered, I flashed back and will wait patiently for 5.0.1.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

What do you mean your nexus 5 never got KitKat? I thought it was released on KitKat.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Nexus but from my understanding, the nexus should be among the first to get OTA.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So you're asking "why aren't they pushing the buggy build that I hate faster?"

No, nice troll fail though. I am SAYING, not asking, what's the point if they never push updates. It doesn't matter if I hate Lollipop or not. That 's my opinion, and it means exactly zero to anyone who is not me.

That doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't want that update. We wanted the Kit Kat fix patch. It had to fix Kit Kat. I had to side load it, after we waited 2 weeks to get it. That is an issue.

LezCronut

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

What country do you live in? I got L update on Nov 21. Nexus 5 here.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering what happened to the lollipop update on my Nexus 2012 tablet. The official over the air one. Like you mention, you shouldn't need to side load an update that should be rolling out to all devices.

Sent from my Note 2

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering what happened to the lollipop update on my Nexus 2012 tablet. The official over the air one. Like you mention, you shouldn't need to side load an update that should be rolling out to all devices.

Sent from my Note 2
It seems as if Google have held it back while they sort some problems out, there are plenty of people unhappy with their N7 2012 after updating.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Still havent got 5.0 on my 2012 N7. Not sure i want it either after seeing it first hand on my moto x....

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I read a post here that Google engineers have stated that updates on nexus are staged in batches over about a month, they aren't completely finished rolling out for everyone in the first 2 or even 3 weeks. By now, if you were to factory reset you'll likely find that your fresh install will be 4.4.4. If not then there's some kind of unusual problem.

But yeah, it sucks if you happen to be someone who gets stuck being one of those who gets the last week of the rollout

I already side loaded 4.4.4 on all devices, since I never got them. I still don't have 5.0 on my N7 or my wife's N7. She did finally get 5.0 on her N5. I am using an N6, and sold my N5 for a Moto X a long time ago.

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
But yeah, it sucks if you happen to be someone who gets stuck being one of those who gets the last week of the rollout
It only sucks if you're one of those people (like many of the people that would be on a board like this) that are aware of the update and sit there and hit the update button over and over. I'd wager that the majority of the people that will get the update have no idea it's even coming. They just wake up one morning and see 'Software update available, touch to download' and the hit the button and hop in the shower. The OP complained that he HAD to sideload all these updates when, in reality, all he had to do was be a bit more patient and wait a few more days or weeks or, who knows, maybe even 5 more minutes.

Two other things:
A)It's far too soon to be foaming at the mouth about not getting Lollipop OTA.
B)I don't know this for sure and may very well be wrong, but if you sideload one update, you may have to sideload the rest of them unless you do a factory reset. IF that's the case, it's why you didn't get Lollipop.