Night mode gone

Daniel Mott

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 6p stopped doing VoLTE with Verizon recently and I could no longer surf the internet while on the phone. I called Verizon and they suggested a factory reset. After doing the factory reset my phone has lost night mode. At first when I turned on the system UI tuner and the phone was stuck tinted yellow. I tried to edit the notification pane to add the night mode but it wasn't there. I had to turn off system UI tuner in order to get the color back. After that I turned back on system UI tuner to add the battery percentage at all times. I tried to set back up night mode to turn on automatically but it still isn't there. I don't really want to do another factory reset but not sure why it's missing and I have no other idea how to get it back. Please help.

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Night mode is gone if you updated from dp4 with the OTA for dp5 it will stick around if you flash factory images or factory reset night mode is gone.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Night mode is gone if you updated from dp4 with the OTA for dp5 it will stick around if you flash factory images or factory reset night mode is gone.

Sorry, that got confusing. Am I correct in assuming that if you have beta 5 and have night mode you will lose night mode if you do a factory reset?

Daniel Mott

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
The weird thing I found is doing the factory reset the phone automatically goes into night mode if you activate the system UI tuner but the toggle to turn it off is gone. I had to disable system UI tuner to make night mode turn off. Any idea if it's gone for good?

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I have not factory reset my phone since I took the Ota for dp5 Google has mentioned that night mode a the dark theme for Android N has been removed.

losvaldez

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Download Night Mode Enabler from the playstore. Follow the instructions to get the Nougat night mode tile to appear on your quick settings

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Night Mode is actually gone on the new Android 7.0 Nougat. They removed it as a feature. Not too sure why as it was kind of cool. Anyway, night mode is gone. Hope this helps!

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Going into the system UI tuner I can enable night mode by adding the tile. Then if I turning off system UI tuner it disables and removes the tile from the drop down notifications. So then I downloaded the app which gives me the same results. Can the system UI tuner be turned off and it still be enabled I haven't been able to achieve this has anyone else? The app seems worthless to me at this point. if you have to leave the system UI tuner on why would I need the app at all when I can enable it myself by turning on the system UI tuner. Am I missing something here?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
When I got my Nexus 5, I enable night mode, looked at it, and then went back to normal mode and totally forgot about night mode. I really don't understand why that would be such an important feature for some that they would not install Android 7 because it doesn't have night mode.

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
7.0 Nougat DOES HAVE NIGHT MODE its just hidden.. People are downloading this "enabler" when it's not necessary. All one has to do in open system UI tuner then swipe down quick setting click edit and add it.

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Swipe down from top press and hold settings Icon and observe the System UI Tuner notification... go to setting and you will see System UiI Tuner tap it and press "GOT IT" your set.

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Going into the system UI tuner I can enable night mode by adding the tile. Then if I turning off system UI tuner it disables and removes the tile from the drop down notifications. So then I downloaded the app which gives me the same results. Can the system UI tuner be turned off and it still be enabled I haven't been able to achieve this has anyone else? The app seems worthless to me at this point. if you have to leave the system UI tuner on why would I need the app at all when I can enable it myself by turning on the system UI tuner. Am I missing something here?

Yes, although at this late date it's a moot point. Night mode shouldn't be in the system ui tuner. The app puts it back. But now that 7.1.1 is out, only pixel users get night mode, or night light, as it's now called. I guess now that the 800 dollar pixel is out, my 500 dollar nexus 6p is Google's red-headed step child.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87