rdp app with sound options

earlthepearl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for an RDP app that has sound options. Specifically I want to be able to RDP into my home computer from my phone while I'm outside and change the Pandora station or change the playlist in media player. I have 2 outdoor speakers rigged to my tuner, that is rigged to my PC. I want the sound to stay playing on the remote PC. If you look at the Windows RDP client you have several options for sound control:

rdpsettings.png

I tried Pocket Cloud from Wyse, and while the RDP session works great, there are no sound options in the app that I can find, and it kills the audio when you make the connection. I'll try 2X RDP next, but didn't have time last night. I'm not opposed to using VNC, if it fixes my audio issue. Plus VNC won't lock the session, which seems beneficial in a home entertainment environment.

I'm looking for comments and suggestions as to what works best in this scenario.

earlthepearl

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't want the sound to play on my phone. I want the sound to continue to play on the computer. I don't want the sound to cut out on the computer when I remote in.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't want the sound to play on my phone. I want the sound to continue to play on the computer. I don't want the sound to cut out on the computer when I remote in.

For your purposes, you are better off not using RDP, to be honest with you. There is a lot of technicality behind how RDP works in regards to the sessions that are not going to be favorable to you. What you are better off doing is using LogMeIn. Installing on your computer(s) is/are free and the Android app is $29.99. LogMeIn will give you full direct console access (meaning, the local computer remains in it's exact state which is what you control) as opposed to creating a new session or transferring your existing one to you through RDP. So by using LogMeIn, you will control the computer exactly as it is when you're sitting in front of it, meaning that sound will remain on the local computer.

dsnedeco

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
For your purposes, you are better off not using RDP, to be honest with you. There is a lot of technicality behind how RDP works in regards to the sessions that are not going to be favorable to you. What you are better off doing is using LogMeIn. Installing on your computer(s) is/are free and the Android app is $29.99. LogMeIn will give you full direct console access (meaning, the local computer remains in it's exact state which is what you control) as opposed to creating a new session or transferring your existing one to you through RDP. So by using LogMeIn, you will control the computer exactly as it is when you're sitting in front of it, meaning that sound will remain on the local computer.

I do not find this to be true with my Galaxy Note 2 (4..1.2). I cannot keep the sound at the PC. That is why I bought this. My PC is part of my home sound system. I don't want the music coming out of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress