Driving App?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I have seen apps which will shut off ALL communications while driving. I am looking for an app which will shut of DATA ONLY while driving. I use a hands free BT while driving, so I have no problem taking calls. However, I would like for my data to be turned off (if that's possible), then when I come to a stop the emails/texts would come through?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have seen apps which will shut off ALL communications while driving. I am looking for an app which will shut of DATA ONLY while driving. I use a hands free BT while driving, so I have no problem taking calls. However, I would like for my data to be turned off (if that's possible), then when I come to a stop the emails/texts would come through?

Why not just let the e-mails & texts come through, and don't answer them until you're ready?:)

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Why not just let the e-mails & texts come through, and don't answer them until you're ready?:)

Temptation my friend. I am weak and the (new message) icons are strong. I tend to drive looooong stretched of highway and find it very easy to think "I'm OK checking this one (data item) real quick." It would be safer, if I could just find a way to remove temptation. One might say, why do all the other apps exist? To remove temptation.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Temptation my friend. I am weak and the (new message) icons are strong. I tend to drive looooong stretched of highway and find it very easy to think "I'm OK checking this one (data item) real quick." It would be safer, if I could just find a way to remove temptation. One might say, why do all the other apps exist? To remove temptation.

What about a Bluetooth device? Don't they have one that would read a text to you?:confused:

Trackready

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
A sort of solution is download vlingo and use its car mode function, it will read aloud incoming text to a a2dp bt headset.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
A sort of solution is download vlingo and use its car mode function, it will read aloud incoming text to a a2dp bt headset.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Sorry, that's what i meant. I have a Plantronics, with a2dp. I use it to stream my music when i drive, but it breaks in, when i have a call.:)

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
You can turn off data and not get emails or notifications for some stuff. But actual texts via sms/mms do not use your data. They have their own little thing they use and it's basically using your cell connection, not the data connection. Best bet would be to find an app that would just do the in car stuff as someone mentioned above, or maybe one that will block all notifications entirely so you won't see or hear something come in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo