Weird Issue With Google Music

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So I'm converting back to Android after a stint with iOS. I had uploaded all of my iTunes music to Google Music last year, some 3000+ songs. My computer crapped out on me so we got a new one. Got my iTunes set back up again and have Google Music uploader again. I still buy my music through iTunes and I have it set up to automatically sync my purchases to Google Music. Now here's the issue:

It wants to upload those same 3000+ songs again since this is a new computer. But they're the same songs I already uploaded to Google Music. Is there any way to make sure that it only uploads new songs and nothing old, or what? I'm afraid I'll click something and accidentally upload them all again and get a ton of duplicates or something.

Thanks for the help.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Good question. My response would be to let it upload and see what happens. 3000 songs isn't that many and shouldn't tie up your computer for more than overnight.. I DO know that the uploader will upload duplicates because I upload from my computer, then upload from my wife's (to capture her most recent purchases) and I get duplicates that way. If it does upload the entire 3000 songs, just delete the originals and it won't try to re-upload again.

TJH

PS: Try the Match service with Google Music and see what happens.

socratesman

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if there is a way to select what gets uploaded. The music manager has gotten quite a few updates since I added my library. One solution (though probably not the most ideal) would be to just delete most of what is in you Google Music now and let it re-upload everything. It really shouldn't take too long this time either since Google will scan and match most songs. At least you will then be all set from your new computer.

Slightly off topic recommendation: Anyone using Google Play Music for Android might want to try SoundShare for Play Music. It's a companion app that allows for posting what you are listening to on Facebook.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.rn.soundshare&token=7M4ECLfY

- - - Updated - - -

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to have it upload everything again. Then delete the duplicates. I just hope it doesn't put some weird album art again like it did the first time - a lot of albums were messed up and many were Xzibit's "Alcoholic" album, which I don't even have.

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue, it ended up uploading the same songs as duplicates which was very annoying. I ended up deleting my entire library and just re-uploading all the songs from scratch.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue, it ended up uploading the same songs as duplicates which was very annoying. I ended up deleting my entire library and just re-uploading all the songs from scratch.

This is what I'm worried about. That and having a bunch of random album covers on things that shouldn't be there. I had to go through and manually change a ton. Spent like 2 or 3 weekends doing that.

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
This is what I'm worried about. That and having a bunch of random album covers on things that shouldn't be there. I had to go through and manually change a ton. Spent like 2 or 3 weekends doing that.

Sadly for some reason lots of my album covers got messed up. I got drake's picture on my heavy metal -.- This could have been due to me using WinAmp tho, not sure if its cause of Google Music.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm finally getting around to doing this, so has anyone had any experience with it?

Should I just delete my library and have it upload everything again? Or upload it all and then delete the duplicates? I wish it would recognize that I already have those files in my Google Music.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress