PS3 Remote Control App

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that will pair my Evo with the PS3 (either over my network or via BlueTooth so I can use it as a remote?

I am able to do this with my FiOS DVR. Reason I want to for my PS3 is because it doesn't work with IR remotes (thus it doesn't work with my Harmony remote). I bought a IR dongle (the Nyko Bluwave) but it doesn't support the "PS" button (necessary to back out of the new Netflix app), nor does it allow me to turn on the system with my remote.

So I was thinking maybe I could use my phone, since it has BlueTooth. Alternatively I'll be stuck paying $40 for the PS3 Adapter just to make my remote work (which I am not adverse to, really)

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Why not just get the official PS3 remote for $15-$20 online? I have one and it works great. Best of all, the range is good and since it's bluetooth I can aim it any direction. Sure it's another remote, but it's functionality makes it worth it.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What're you using for the DVR, does it work beyond FiOS? Also, if there is anything like this for the 360 I'd be interested in that.

I'm using the FiOS Mobile Remote app. It's nice and allows you to "flick" photos from your phone, and they show up on the TV....or you can play a slideshow, and of course control your DVR and everything else.

You have to be on your network for it to do anything though (won't work over 3G) so I also have the FiOS DVR Manager app to schedule recordings and clear space if I am on the road.

c0c0nutsp0rt

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there an app that will pair my Evo with the PS3 (either over my network or via BlueTooth so I can use it as a remote?

I am able to do this with my FiOS DVR. Reason I want to for my PS3 is because it doesn't work with IR remotes (thus it doesn't work with my Harmony remote). I bought a IR dongle (the Nyko Bluwave) but it doesn't support the "PS" button (necessary to back out of the new Netflix app), nor does it allow me to turn on the system with my remote.

So I was thinking maybe I could use my phone, since it has BlueTooth. Alternatively I'll be stuck paying $40 for the PS3 Adapter just to make my remote work (which I am not adverse to, really)
I currently use my Harmony One and IR2BT converter to control my PS3 and everything else. I would like to see an app to replace my Harmony remote that can communicate with the PS3 and my IR2BT converter.

Subbed :)

drinkwd40

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
there is a ps3 remote application (freeware if you want to google it) that allows the PS3 remote to control the computer. It works via bluetooth. I use it for powerpoint presentations. So by that we should be able to get some android developer to make us an app to use the phone to connect via bluetooth to do the same on the PS3. I figure it must have already been done after 100K apps but maybe not.