What are You Thankful For?

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm thankful for things not being as bad as they could be (yes, very general, but I'm at a red light, so can't really elaborate right now, but maybe later). :)

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
For instance:

I'm thankful for good health (I'm in my mid-forties, so pretty much anything can happen at this point, lol), no family tragedies (lately), being able to pay my bills (yet still eat whenever/whatever i want)...

etc (light turned green)

(⊙_⊙) I think people that take the time out of their day (or night) to think of some clever, memorable or just plain dumb signature probably have way too much time on their collective hands and they should get back to work and earn their paycheck, instead of just expecting their paycheck. People like this make me sick to my stomach.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Creating/responding to threads while in your car driving... You should be thankful that you haven't killed anyone..yet.

I guess you haven't noticed that each of those two posts were written while WAITING/STOPPED at red lights, geez.

frank33v

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I did notice that, but if someone is that intent to post a thread at a short stoplight I am inclined to believe that person is possibly reading or checking alerts or whatever else when they should have complete attention on the road.

I almost lost everything that matters to me when a young driver who was otherwise occupied, and not paying attention to the road,ran through a stop sign and slammed into my wife. I am very lucky she is still here ..so ...I have zero tolerance now for folks who play with their phones in the car. I was one of them thought I could do both. Whatever it is, it can wait.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I did notice that, but if someone is that intent to post a thread at a short stoplight I am inclined to believe that person is possibly reading or checking alerts or whatever else when they should have complete attention on the road.

I almost lost everything that matters to me when a young driver who was otherwise occupied, and not paying attention to the road,ran through a stop sign and slammed into my wife. I am very lucky she is still here ..so ...I have zero tolerance now for folks who play with their phones in the car. I was one of them thought I could do both. Whatever it is, it can wait.

Glad to hear that she survived, and I agree with you.

frank33v

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.

I don't want to derail a good thread though.

I am also in my mid forties and we start to feel our mortality now. Obviously we know what I am thankful for.

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Mortality shmaality

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

lol :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm thankful for some stuff I'd rather not go into (nothing bad!). :D

You're in your mid forties? You kids today! :p:D I feel like a relic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
For instance:

I'm thankful for good health (I'm in my mid-forties, so pretty much anything can happen at this point, lol), no family tragedies (lately), being able to pay my bills (yet still eat whenever/whatever i want)...

etc (light turned green)

Whippersnapper! Why, when I was your age we had to walk to the wall or desk phone to make a call! And we had to write letters with a pen and paper and go to a mailbox and mail them! Lol! :D

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I was a kid we had to walk 10 miles to school barefoot in the snow both ways

Sent from my SGS3 running Cyanogenmod using Xparent BlueTapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
When I was a kid we had to walk 10 miles to school barefoot in the snow both ways

Sent from my SGS3 running Cyanogenmod using Xparent BlueTapatalk

You had a school? You were lucky! We had to sit in the barn in freezing winds and learn to count pieces of hay! :D

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Whippersnapper! Why, when I was your age we had to walk to the wall or desk phone to make a call! And we had to write letters with a pen and paper and go to a mailbox and mail them! Lol! :D

Me too!
When i was a kid, we had a rotary wall phone that was leased from New York Telephone (now what the kids these days know as Verizon, or something like that).

And they made us write letters (with a pen!) (on paper!) in school to people across the world so we can have "pen pals", lol.

Check this out, lol -
Last week, i put some Eggo waffles in the toaster-oven and my stepdaughter looked at me like i was from another planet. I said, "What?" She rolled her eyes (she's sixteen, i think that's a mandatory trait of girls that age) and asked me why am i not heating them up in the microwave! I said, "How the hell you think we ate these before we had microwaves??!?" smh smh

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Me too!
When i was a kid, we had a rotary wall phone that was leased from New York Telephone (now what the kids these days know as Verizon, or something like that).

And they made us write letters (with a pen!) (on paper!) in school to people across the world so we can have "pen pals", lol.

Check this out, lol -
Last week, i put some Eggo waffles in the toaster-oven and my stepdaughter looked at me like i was from another planet. I said, "What?" She rolled her eyes (she's sixteen, i think that's a mandatory trait of girls that age) and asked me why am i not heating them up in the microwave! I said, "How the hell you think we ate these before we had microwaves??!?" smh smh

Hahaha! I've never had a microwave. :p:D

llamabreath

Banned
Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha! I've never had a microwave. :p:D

What are you, 100? :eek: :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07