Direct Dial Widget Samsung Galaxy S4 Verixon

A

AC Question

I found the Direct Dial widget and was able to add 1 contact to the folder on my home page. I can't figure out how to add more contacts to that direct dial folder. Any suggestions??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Each Direct Dial widget represents a single phone number, which is how it can be a one-touch dial (the other type of contact widget usually requires two taps--the first to bring up phone numbers to select, the second one to select the phone number).

Just add a new Direct Dial widget to the homescreen. Then drag it on top of the first, and it should create a folder. (At least, that's how it works on vanilla Android on my Nexus 5.) I have a folder of Direct Dial widgets that is essentially my speed dial.

Marlon Medina

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Apparently this stopped working. I can't drag any contact widgets to my home page. After appearing to drag the widget to the page, it takes me to the contact information. When I click on the contact, nothing appears. I took it to a Verizon store where even the tech on the tech phone support had the same problem on his Galaxy S4 with 4.4.2. He said it will be added to the other issues 4.4.2 has.
In order to add a contact widget:
1. Go to contact you want to add shortcut for.
2. Press and hold that contact.
3. Click on "Add shortcut to home"
4. You can now move the shortcut to the screen you want it on.
PITA, I know, but they couldn't find anything else that worked.
Mystery solved: I've been using the Email app and had the Gmail app turned off. Once I turned it back and rebooted, it worked.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer