Does o2 switch 4G signal off in the afternoons?

A

AC Question

Ok, weird one.

New S5, 4g is great in the mornings, at the same time every day, just after 1pm, the 4G signal goes and all i get is G.

Had a new sim card in it to eliminate that, could it be a setting within the phone or are o2 having a bit of a giggle?

any help would be great

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd find that hard to believe. Have you asked O2 about it? Maybe there's something that starts up in the afternoon that causes interference.

GB Live

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yep, asked them. thats why they changed the sim, it was fine for 2 days now its the same.
around about 1.15pm i lose 4G and can only get G.

Happens same time everyday. been going on for about a week now, o2 blamed the phone, said it must be broken

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it matter where you are? If possible, see what happens if you're across town, or at least far removed from your usual 1 PM location, and see if still happens.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok, weird one.

New S5, 4g is great in the mornings, at the same time every day, just after 1pm, the 4G signal goes and all i get is G.

Had a new sim card in it to eliminate that, could it be a setting within the phone or are o2 having a bit of a giggle?

any help would be great

Try to reboot the phone? of maybe its a app or setting as you said ? check your O2 dashboard and check your settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch