Google acount on my device dactivated, can't update my Apps, Error [RPC: S - 3]

grassgazer

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
The Google account I initially registered my device with was deactivated by my administrator. I added another account as soon as I recognized the primary was deactivated, but now I can't update any of my Apps. Every time I try to update an App I get the error message "could not retrieve information from server [RPC: S - 3]". I tried clearing the cache on all my Apps and then turning it on and off again to no avail.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If the apps that are on the phone were installed using your prior Google account, then you might have trouble updating them, since they're not associated with the new Google account. I would uninstall the apps (from the Settings>Apps) menu, then go to Google Play and reinstall them. They should now be associated with your new Google account, and should therefore be updateable as well.

If you had paid apps on the old Google account, I'm not sure if you'll be able reinstall them for free using the new account--you'd probably have to purchase them again, since it's a different account. You could contact Google Play Support about this: https://support.google.com/googleplay/?hl=en

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem with LG phones is that they don't let you access the Recovery Menu to wipe the cache partition if you're unrooted. You'd have to root the phone and install a custom recovery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention this before--try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, Clear Cache/Data and Force Stop. Now open it and try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress