Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Is there a way to access files

    My nexus 4 screen is completely useless atm, and I'm thinking of getting a Samsung s4 in the next couple of days.

    I then realized that, I can not access my files because I dont have media mode checked off in the settings.

    Is there anyway to access it?

    There are important files that I need and it needs to be in my hands asap.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is there a way to access files

    Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    My nexus 4 screen is completely useless atm, and I'm thinking of getting a Samsung s4 in the next couple of days.

    I then realized that, I can not access my files because I dont have media mode checked off in the settings.

    Is there anyway to access it?

    There are important files that I need and it needs to be in my hands asap.
    Go to settings > Storage > Press the three dots in the upper right corner > USB computer connection.

    Is there a way to access files-1409514941840.jpg

    Enable MTP instead of PTP and try to see if your computer detects the device, if it does then copy and paste your data.

    However if it gives you issues copy and pasting, try to use ADB instead.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Is there a way to access files

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanahmad View Post
    Go to settings > Storage > Press the three dots in the upper right corner > USB computer connection.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1409514941840.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	134804

    Enable MTP instead of PTP and try to see if your computer detects the device, if it does then copy and paste your data.

    However if it gives you issues copy and pasting, try to use ADB instead.
    I stated that I can not use my screen due to the fact it is completely broken... I need other ways Thanks :/
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Is there a way to access files

    Quote Originally Posted by JustPlyZ View Post
    I stated that I can not use my screen due to the fact it is completely broken... I need other ways Thanks :/
    Does the screen still light up? If it does there might be softwares that can let you control the device via the computer, but you'll have to Google them.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Is there a way to access files

    Nope... My LCD is cracked and my digitizer is broken.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Is there a way to access files

    Quote Originally Posted by JustPlyZ View Post
    Nope... My LCD is cracked and my digitizer is broken.
    You gotta get it fixed.

Similar Threads

  1. In depth guide on how to downgrade to 4.4.3??
    By alaheezy in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:34 AM
  2. Are there any remotes for Android phones?
    By Zabrak in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
  3. How to root my phone?
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 10:43 AM
  4. change SGS4 from touchwiz to play edition
    By Ben Eckford in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 03:46 PM
  5. Galaxy S5 won't stop trying to activate
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions