How to block a group on Whatsapp?

utksingh

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I know this is not the place to ask questions about a specific app but I believe that you people here are of much help that is why I am posting my problem here.
People have been adding me to Whatsapp group. What I first did is to leave the group by "Delete and Exit Group" but they can again add me to the group which is making me very sick. I can't find a proper solution to avoid all this.

Please help.

jabranbaig

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
whats app is not capable of allowing u to remove a group if u remove and delete that user can simply add u again and again .u have to block the group admin..or simple stop using whatsspp.i am still not sure if that work or not if any one has it working please write here:(

catadroid

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure if you've found your solution yet. I hope you have, because it's been so long you posted this query.

I faced a similar problem recently and what seems to have worked for me, is block the admin(s) of the group that you're repeatedly being added to, and then "delete and exit" the group.
This way, the people can't add you to the group.

Hope this helps.
Cheers~

Sudip Roy2

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
hi dude ple see and follow this instruction i hope i can do solve this problem :)
1. Open Whatsapp
2. Open the group chat
3. Select the Three Dots in the bottom right corner on the name of the group
4. Select group info
5. Select " Mute"
6. Select how much time you want to mute the group or below the delete button click
then your problem solve ...

thank you

Andrewkmho

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Setting the notification to "mute" will only stop your mobile from notifying you of the group's incoming messages. You will still receive the messages. The group will also know that you've receive the messages. Not sure what is your intended purpose, but if your intention is to prevent some one from adding you into a group, thus, not being able to send you any messages, then just block the admin. I presume you know who is the group admin. The admin will not be able to add you into the group.

Mirajkar

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I too have same problem. But I did this means Muted one group, but still I am receiving their updates, messages & images from that group, which very annoying me. So this option will not work :':)'(

Jeannedarc

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
This will solve all problems with a group
Go on chats screen, swipe the name of the group to the left. Tap on More and then exit or block the group. confirm by tapping exit or block group.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo