How do I get my Galaxy S4 Hot Spot button to stay in the on position?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S4 Hot Spot button WILL NOT go/stay in "on" position!

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Sprint. I added the hot spot to my package and the salesman successfully activated the service and then showed me how to turn the hot spot on, which was proven to work right there in the store. however, when I got home, I did exactly what the salesman it done to activate the hot spot option. I went to menu, setting, connections, more networks, and then to the hot spot, where I tried to slide the icon from the off to the on position. However, it would not stay in the ON position at all but immediately slid right back to the off position. All I did was drive home from the store. I did not make any calls did not text did not check out any of the apps or download any other apps at all. So can anybody tell me what the heck just happened between the store in my drive home, as I need this hotspot to connect to the internet to complete my documentation for work, & I have a deadline of midnight, which I am very obviously not going to make. I have been messing with this problem since 8:30 this evening. I usually take my office's internet aircard home to do my paperwork at night, but I did not take it home tonight because I thought that I would have this hot spot!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Hot Spot button WILL NOT go/stay in "on" position!

Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that your mobile data is on? Maybe the hotspot automatically turns off if it detects that you don't have your mobile data turned on.

If that doesn't help, then try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support