If I delete downloaded music files will it delete my Poweramp library?

A

AC Question

Download files and Poweramp

Hello, I am trying to make space in my storage memory and the category "Downloads" is taking up the most amount of space due to my music library. The download music files are from Sound Player. However, I listen to my music on Poweramp (which I believe is a separate file but I am not 100% sure). Just to test it out, I deleted a couple of Sound Player music downloads, and the songs did not remove from my Poweramp library. My question is: if I delete these Sound Player music downloads will it delete from my Poweramp library and are the files separate ? Please and thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Download files and Poweramp

Welcome to Android Central! If you only downloaded the music files to the Download folder, then deleting them will prevent PowerAmp from accessing them. Which phone do you have? Does it have an SD card? If so, this would be a good use for it. Plug the phone into your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to move all of the music files from Downloads to a music directory on the SD card. I would also copy all of the files to your computer hard drive as well for safekeeping, because SD cards are a bit notorious for getting corrupt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer