Why is my Samsung Galaxy S2 memory so low?

Gavin_s86

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s2 device memory standstill

My mother took her galaxy s2 to a shop to have a photo printed. The photo was saved to the device, not the sd card.
Apparently there were some connectivity issues and after the guy in the shop tried to fix these problems. Not only did he fail to do so, the phone is now at a standstill.
The phone will send and receive SMS but the messages will be non-existent once opened up. Same for pictured taken. Save a picture to device and they won't show in the album but can be found in the folders directory. Take a photo and save to sd card and it appears in both directory and album.
WhatsApp messages can be sent and received without issue and there is over 1gb of space on device. Any ideas? Maybe something has been pressed to hide any and all incoming changes?
Android version 2.3.6
Model GT-I9100P

Gavin_s86

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s2 device memory standstill

From what I can gather, the guy in the shop struggled to establish a wired connection and messed around in the settings. It sounds like he tried to open the developer options unsuccessfully.
Rebooting the phone didnt change anything and as for clearing the cache, are you referring to the gallery and messaging cache? I went into settings > applications > messaging and gallery and the cache is 0.00b so there is nothing to clear.
I hope this helps

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy s2 device memory standstill

If it were mine, I'd bring it back to "the guy", and tell him, "you broke it, you fix or replace it, or pay my attorney's fee for suing you, THEN repair or replace it". Then find the most expensive attorney in town if he doesn't get the phone working. (I absolutely detest incompetent people who destroy others' phones, then sit back and disclaim all responsibility. They make "cellphone repairman" sound worse than "used car salesman".)