How do I stop apps from forcing to foreground on notification, Lollipop?

A

AC Question

How to stop apps from forcing to foreground on notification, Lollipop

I have a social app that will notify me when someone sends me a message. Under Kit Kat, it would just buzz the phone and put a notice in the icon bar at the top. But now that my phone is upgraded to Lollipop, the app forces its way to the foreground, taking me away from whatever app I was in. The notice still appears in the icon bar at the top, but it also forces the app to the foreground.

I can't find any place that discusses this behaviour. I have checked the Notification section, but that seems to be all about whether or not you get the notice in the first place. I want the notices. I don't want the app forcing itself to the foreground.

Is this an Android setting somewhere?

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to stop apps from forcing to foreground on notification, Lollipop

I'm not sure because I'm on kit kat but try turning off heads up notification in the settings....

Sent from my Nexus 7

Rrhain

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not the problem. There is no heads up notification happening. The app just jumps to the foreground.

Plus, there is no way to change the settings individually. If I turn off Heads Up, it's a universal setting so that I won't get any notifications. The app is not set to priority. And still, the app forces its way to the foreground if I'm using the phone and it wants to let me know I've received a message.

Last edited:

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately that's not the problem. There is no heads up notification happening. The app just jumps to the foreground.

Plus, there is no way to change the settings individually. If I turn off Heads Up, it's a universal setting so that I won't get any notifications. The app is not set to priority. And still, the app forces its way to the foreground if I'm using the phone and it wants to let me know I've received a message.
It might just be a lollipop problem I'm sticking with kit kat until they sort out all there problems like the memory leak ....

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch