My skullcandy earbuds stopped working. Is there anyway for me to fix them?

A

AC Question

My skullcandy earbuds stopped working.

My skullcandy earbuds stopped working on my galaxy s3. They used to work before when I first got them which was pretty recently. Then they only worked if it was in a certain position so I had to wiggle the wire to get them to work. But now they completely stopped working. Every time I put my earbuds into the headphone jack I hear a constant static type of sound. This doesn't happen with other headphones, which seem to work fine. Its just the skullcandy earbuds.

Also I should point out that these earbuds work fine in my laptop, sometimes the sound does seem slightly unstable but overall it works on the laptop. So I'm not sure if the problem is with my phone or the headphones.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: My skullcandy earbuds stopped working.

To clarify...other headphones work in the phone, but not the Skullcandy?

Have you tested those in any other device?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My skullcandy earbuds stopped working.

Either the wire in the earbuds is making a bad connection to the plug, or the jack in the phone is intermittent. What you're describing points to both of them, and eliminates both of them, so the diagnosis is going to have to be done in-hand. IOW, someone is going to have to have both the phone and the earbuds to determine where the problem is.