My skullcandy earbuds stopped working on my galaxy s3. They used to work before when I first got them which was pretty recently. Then they only worked if it was in a certain position so I had to wiggle the wire to get them to work. But now they completely stopped working. Every time I put my earbuds into the headphone jack I hear a constant static type of sound. This doesn't happen with other headphones, which seem to work fine. Its just the skullcandy earbuds.

Also I should point out that these earbuds work fine in my laptop, sometimes the sound does seem slightly unstable but overall it works on the laptop. So I'm not sure if the problem is with my phone or the headphones.
    04-09-2015 07:40 PM
    To clarify...other headphones work in the phone, but not the Skullcandy?

Have you tested those in any other device?
    04-09-2015 10:06 PM
    Either the wire in the earbuds is making a bad connection to the plug, or the jack in the phone is intermittent. What you're describing points to both of them, and eliminates both of them, so the diagnosis is going to have to be done in-hand. IOW, someone is going to have to have both the phone and the earbuds to determine where the problem is.
    04-16-2015 11:29 PM