Any attorneys want to represent us in a class action in regards to forcing updates on us?

A

AC Question

We all pay for our phones, and supposedly we own them. However th?big carriers, Google and Samsung feel they have the right to force us to change our devces without our consent.
I feel that we should have the right to choose whether or not we want to upgrade our device or not.

If as a group we sue Verizon, ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile, Samsung and Google for the right to choose, we can force them to give us the choice to decline it or accept it. And if we choose to decline it we should not be bombarded with constant reminders to update.

When they force the update as Verizon did to me, and ruin my ownership experience with no repercussions, that is simply wrong. It is time we as customers stand up and push back against this blatent disregard these companies have for their end users.

So, are their any attorneys out their willing to take up the cause?.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not that - you haven't suffered any monetary damage due to the update (usually), so all you can sue for is specific performance (not sending updates if you say no the first time). That means that you ave to pay the attorney. In a suit in which monetary damage is involved, the attorney will take about 30%, but here that would be $0.00, so it's a fee case. If a few thousand of us were wiling to put up $10 or so each, we might get somewhere. (I'd like to see the Band 17 violation included, so we can get the bootloaders unlocked.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87