Hello ! New android user : How to sync Facebook and Microsoft account contacts ?

A

AC Question

Hello !
I'm a new Android user, just made the witch from Windows Phone !
I have all my contacts on my Microsoft account.
On my Windows Phone, my contact were a merge of my outlook contacts (that I could directly sync with the phoneà and my Facebook contacts, that I could sync from the official Facebook app.
The problem is, i tried to do the same (with the Outlook app from MS and the Facebook app) but none of my contacts appears in the "contacts" app !

How can I sync my existing contacts from Outlook/Microsoft and Facebook to my Android phone ?

Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For the Microsoft contacts, add whichever Microsoft email account you have to the stock Email app. That should allow the associated contacts to sync.

Syncing Facebook contacts depends on the phone you have, because this function isn't actually native to Android--i.e., you can't do it if you have a Nexus device. But other manufacturers do incorporate this, like Samsung and HTC. Which phone do you have?

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply ! I have a Motorola Moto G. I'll try to enter my Microsoft account to the stock mail app, did not stock about that ! I did enter a Facebook account in the account zone, but can't see my contacts in my app anyway :/

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I used to connect my outlook.com -email adresse to the Gmail app, it worked, but the contacts did not showed up. The stock email app can't connect to my outlook.com account...
How is it possible that it's so hard to get my contacts ???