HTC One M8 - Water Damage Question

A

AC Question

I left my M8 in the rain for 15-20 minutes the other day. When I picked it up the power was off (not sure if this was due to the battery dying since it was at like <10% charge last I checked). I got home and I let it sit overnight feeling helpless. The next day I found out that rice helps draw out moisture so I put it in rice and left it there for 1-2 days until I couldn't see any moisture beads on the camera lens.

After that I tried plugging it in to charge it and the little battery image would appear on the screen and then disappear, with a little red light flashing near the top all the while. I put it back in rice just to be safe for another day. When I tried again the battery image stayed on the screen a little longer but I didn't want to try to boot it.

Finally about 7 days since it got wet (about ~5 days in rice bag) I charged it today and it actually showed 1% on the screen as if it was charging. I booted it at 1% and the screen powered up as if it was loading into the OS.

I noticed that it appeared as though the screen was water damaged but I couldn't tell if it was actual water trapped under the screen, or if the LCD was damaged. I powered down immediately and put it back in rice.

-----------------

Long story I know, sorry.. So my questions are: What's the best way to tell if there is actually water under the screen, or if the LCD is actually damaged? And is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like there is water damage in their and you may be able to get a new display, but more than likely IF you have carrier insurance that may be your best route for replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty