Samsung Tab 4 - no playlists

Stelcom66

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an SD card where I've uploaded all my music. I haven't used the tablet for a few weeks, when I turned it on today there were no playlists. The music files are all there. I then synced 2 playlists - they completed quickly as if they were already there. In Windows Media Player, as before I'm synching to Samsung Tablet - SD Card rather than 'device'. Powered off/on and restarted the tablet, still no playlists shown. It's a if the Music Player isn't referencing the playlist on the SD card, but instead on the device memory.

Then in Windows Media Player I chose 'Samsung Tablet - Device' to synch to, I now see the playlist but it uploaded all of the music files onto the device memory, now there's very little memory left, and the files already exist on the SD card (32g). How can I make the Music Player reference the SD card for playlists?

Last edited:

Stelcom66

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Looked some more, saw a similar situation on another site where the suggestion was to go into Application Manager. I did that, selected Music and cleared the cache. I deleted all music from the device memory. I then synched 3 playlists from WMP, they now show and play.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer