Asked LAST wk, not answered! Mail not deleting from inbox on S6

A

AC Question

I am having the same problem so many others have had with S5 etc. I delete mails either on PC or phone (on phone via either check box OR swipe, neither work) I have deleted my email on default email app, have used gmail and K9 and I have the problem on all. I have used POP3 and the option "when deleted from inbox" is selected (only pull down option I have, other than "never") on the "Delete email from server" setting.
In a nutshell, I have done EVERYTHING that has been suggested and deleted email pops up in my inbox again and again. And once I delete that and go back in to the email app, I get those emails PLUS then the day BEFORE's email so I have double the emails to delete. Can you tell I'm getting REALLY sick of this??!
I would love a reply, since I asked last week and got no response and have had to fight with it for another week. Please, please help. It is useless to me this way.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
What email service are you using? Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook Exchange, a private domain? In simple terms, apparently your mailserver is not paying attention to what email clients are telling it.

Try installing AquaMail. If you have IMAP mail, try letting AquaMail do automatic basic setup before doing it manually. It takes some effort to get AquaMail setup, but it rocks once you do and I've seen it succeed at problems like this where others fail. There's a LOT of options in AquaMail, including quite a few sync options. Go through them carefully, making sure it is setup like you want. The built-in Help/FAQ is good and so is the user forum. I'll help too.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail&token=4Yv3JmFW

Maildroid might be worth a try too.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.maildroid&token=PoPSF3Ef

CRed82

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
As I mentioned in the original question, I used the default email app, GMail and K9 and had the exact same problem with all 3, so my guess is it is not the apps that are the problem, but some setting I haven't located on some menu somewhere on the phone. I did neglect to say my email account is on Frontier, a private domain. I use POP3, not IMAP. Also, I have had the phone since June with NO problems with the original email app. This started occurring after the most recent software update a couple of weeks ago. I really think it is a bug and not an email app issue.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You're right that it's not an email app problem, not exactly. Even so, another email app could be the fix. This is a common problem with POP3 email. The email server and the email client fail to communicate properly. The email client says "I have those emails already." and the server says "What? You say you want more mail? OK!".

The stock Samsung email app is particularly poor regarding this, though in your case I suspect the server software is the real problem.

You can:

1. Try different email clients until you find one that speaks the same lingo as the mail server. Again, I suggest AquaMail or Maildroid.
2. Change email service providers and make sure they offer IMAP service. If Frontier offers IMAP, use it. This is 2015 not 1997.
3. Contact Frontier tech support. Lotsa luck getting anything accomplished.

CRed82

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughtful responses, Crashdamage, I appreciate it. I don't know if this will resolve or not. I will try AquaMail and Maildroid. If those don't work and this continues down the road, I might have to try a different phone next time. Especially since it doesn't seem like Samsung doesn't really answer these issues with their customers.
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty