Sd card problem

A

AC Question

Phone: Sony Xperia Z2
SD card: 64GB recently purchased
Folder moved: DCIM (pictures folder)
So I got this 64GB SD card and I tried moving my DCIM folder from internal storage to extstorage(SD card). After finishing all the pictures in that file dissappeared. It shows up as empty, all my pictures gone. I'm really pissed, can someone please help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You should move the files themselves, not the entire DCIM folder, since DCIM is created by the system for use by the Camera app.

When you say the photos disappeared, do you mean you just can't find them in the Gallery app? Are the files still located on the microSD card?

What Android version is the phone running? If it's KItKat, you might be running into the SD card security issue: KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

If the Camera app has an option to save photo directly to the SD card, then there should be a directory on the SD card called /DCIM/Camera already. Use a file manager app (or Windows Explorer, while plugged in via USB) to drag and drop your photo files into that specific directory. Then see if they show up in the Gallery app.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I would also try pluggin your phone into a computer andusing a file manager to see where everything is. You can then make a back up of your photos and move them to where you like on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress