Need help transfering SMS messages to new phone

A

AC Question

Hello,

I am trying to transfer all my text messages from my old HTC One x to my Moto X (2nd gen.) I went to my carrier and they installed a Nano SD into my Moto X and transferred my contacts.

I can't figure out how to transfer my text messages though. I downloaded SMS Back & Restore app, and it successfully backed up my messages on my HTC One. I downloaded the app on my Moto X, thinking I could sign in and the SMS extension would be available in a folder to restore but it says there no backup files.

I then tried to upload the saved SMS.XML file to my Gmail. However, gmail won't send anything over 25MB so that didn't work either.

Am I missing a step here? I have the saved SMS.XML file in a folder on my old HTC, but can't figure out how to transfer it to the Moto X or if it the Moto X is missing an an external SD card and maybe that's why it's not working?

Please help! Thanks.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
How about using Google Drive instead of Gmail? or what carrier do you have? Do they not allow you to back up your messages to their cloud and sync them to your new phone?

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

htctomotox

May 1, 2016
Visit site
@ LanceAllan

This is OP. Had to register to answer your question. I will try backing up and uploading to Google Drive. Currently just waiting for it to finish processing. My carrier is AT&T, but this is my first time trying to sync my messages to a new phone. For apps and such, I can tap one phone to another but for messages and pictures that doesn't seem to apply.

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
OK... Well hopefully the Google Drive back up works out for you, I'm not familiar with AT&T but on Verizon you can sync your old messages fairly easily (they have a cloud you can use to back up to), maybe someone on AT&T will chime in, but sounds like you should be set anyway ;)

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa