Can I view what is draining my battery?

A

AC Question

I know how to view running apps, so that's not the screen I want. My phone is dying really fast recently and I want to see whats putting a drain on it-only 2 apps running and I don't believe they should be heavy drainers. I saw this topic here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/368357-why-my-samsung-galaxy-s4-all-sudden-draining-so-quickly.html

Wondering where he saw this screen, though I don't believe that's showing how much each item is draining the battery, I think it's just showing running time for each-correct me if I'm wrong on that. I have a galaxy s4 like him.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

By me it is, how you say..

Instellingen - meer - batterij -batterijverbruik

Institutions - more- battery - battery usage

Greetings..

Welcome. :)

Yes, 'Settings' is the word used in English, rather than 'Institutions', although I like the latter. :)

Ja, 'Settings' is het woord dat gebruikt wordt in het Engels, in plaats van 'Institutions', hoewel ik hou van de laatste. :) [Google Translate.]

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings/Battery. Look at what's draining the battery. (You don't need a 3rd party app.) If the mobile data line at the button of the next screen (tap the graph to get to it) isn't solid green or off (like yellow or brown) you have a weak mobile signal, which costs battery, and you should be on a different carrierm, one that has a better signal where you are.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have an S4? Different phones can have somewhat different battery menus.

In general, to help us figure out what's draining your battery, do the following. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

If you can't find some of this information, it might help to install a good battery monitor like GSam Battery Monitor.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Your battery could be on the way out. Or if you're on a weak network signal area, that will consume a lot of battery. Do as suggested above to find what's using it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal