S6 cant find pics -'No pictures or videos were found on this device'.

A

AC Question

I am trying to import pics from my S6 to my PC. When I connect my phone to my PC, via USB, the phone is recognized and shows up under my PC list, however the folder is empty. There is NOTHING in the folder.

When I right click and choose import pics and videos, I get the pop up saying 'No pictures or videos were found on this device'. I've reinstalled the drivers and they are up to date. Any ideas?

FredGuest

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. I can access/see everything fine on my phone. Everything was working fine until I installed the last Android update on my phone. Now I no longer see the phone or sim card folders in windows explorer. I see the phone, but no content shows when I click on it after I updated the OS.

Niffykat

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problem and have tried several of the Suggestions on various forums. I can not seem to get my computer to recognize or find my ppictures on my phone. Just got back from vacation, would someone PLEASE help me

bwtemp

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Thanks so much! IT WORKED VERY EASILY! I upgraded to Android 6.0 and didn't know you had to change the notification from charging phone to import pictures. So frustrating. Thanks for posting your solution. It was an answer to prayer!

Coppercowgirl

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what software the OP was using, but have you found that with Android 6.0 you need to connect, then pull down the notification shade and change the USB options to MTP from the new default Charging mode. (or to PTP to view as a camera).

Then drag pics from the DCIM folder.

Sfolax, forgive my ignorance, I am severely technology challenged and severely frustrated at the moment, but have great hope since seeing your suggestion and others folks successes using it. I don't see the shade you're referring to though and not even sure how to receive your response.....:(

Last edited by a moderator:

amanda_roze33

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I dropped my phone and cracked the screen and the screen also went black. I can still hear notifications and the back and menu buttons still light up at the bottom as well as the notification light at the top. I filed an insurance claim and am getting a new one but in the meantime I have some very sentimental photos on my old device that I was hoping I could get off of it somehow. I've taken it into a sprint repair store and called multiple other stores to see if there is anything that I can do. I'm even willing to pay for a recovery program if that will work but I dont want to pay and then find out that it still will not work. I tried plugging it into my computer through USB to see if I could just download them without the screen but its telling me that "no new photos or videos can be found" Does anyone have any other advise that they could offer or are all my photos just lost? :'(

slehner21

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue as ^. Dropped phone and screen is black. I upgraded to Marshmallow but never changed the USB connection preferences before this happened. If anyone has any advice it is appreciated.

lauerlulu

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Not sure what software the OP was using, but have you found that with Android 6.0 you need to connect, then pull down the notification shade and change the USB options to MTP from the new default Charging mode. (or to PTP to view as a camera).

Then drag pics from the DCIM folder.

thank you !!!! Now I can share my vacation pics.

reederred8

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I hope you may have figured it out by now but at first I had no clue what the instruction meant. But then I realized that you slide down the front of your phone (I then hit clear all because I had many notifications) then I saw USB charging. I clicked on it and then clicked on Photo transfer. It fixed everything.

Justin Spiguzza

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the identical problem. My s6 is flawless. My storage shows everything sitting there but after PC prompts asking what to do with recognized device (my cell) and when clicking on import pics/videos PC says no files on device. I have always transferred my videos and photos to my PC roughly every 4 months to keep my phone running well. Ive never had issues and been doing it with every Samsung I've owned (s4, note 4, s5, and s6). I tried 1st from my desktop pc then tried my laptop and same thing. I thought maybe everything was saved to the cloud (as I have 3 backup programs) but triple checked the storage and there is 22 GB of pics/videos sitting there. Taking up almost half my total storage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty