SD card setup for External Storage

A

AC Question

Ok so I have just installed nougat on a sony z3. This is my first android phone, coming from windows 8 and 10 smart phone.

With Windows phone I could set the SDcard up so the camera would store photos, mp3, videos on it. Plug it into the PC, use explorer, windows had setup directories, camera roll, music, etc. Select photos and copy them to my PC.

Now with the Android phone, I have set the SD card up as portable thinking this would be the best way. But is there a way to get the camera app to put the photos on the SDcard ? How do I tell the Camera app where to store the photos ?
Is there a specific directory struture that needs to be created ?

Copying photos onto the SDcard do they need to go into a specific folder so Google photos can see it ??

Yep lots of questions.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
IF the camera app can be set to store pics on the card, that setting would be in the camera app. If not, you'll need to find a camera app that can be set that way. (The camera app should create the directory structure - it's normally /DCIM/Camera - then any subdirectories you like.)

In an Android phone, ALL media files are detected at startup, so pics, music, etc., can go anywhere. (and won't be detected if you just copy files somewhere - you can run an app like https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....house.noranuko.mediarescanner&token=KIaCRFs3 to scan the phone and rebuild the media database).