Wifi Wont Work

A

AC Question

I got an old Onda VX610W tablet running Android from my father and wanted to see what it could do.

Sadly I can't get the net to work.

When DHCP is enabled it won't obtain an IP. I fixed this by doing a static and it says its connected now and everything but I don't seem to actually be connected, nothing loads.

Also, if I go into Settings > About Tablet > Status it states my Network as "Unknown" which seems wrong.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does it work on any other wi-fi networks? Are you sure your router's DHCP range is wide enough to handle all of the devices that are trying to connect?

RADaugherty

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy.

Well, oddly enough it does work with another Wifi. I opened a Hotspot on my phone and it connected right up. As for the DHCP to have enough range, I assume it does?

I have... ~5 devices connected daily and I can connect another laptop if I am working from home that day. I dropped my phone from the Wifi and tried connecting the Tablet and no go.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To see the router's DHCP range, you need to log into the router settings using your computer browser. The router's manual can show you how. It shows up as a webpage, and you can see the DHCP address range (e.g., 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255, which would be 255 possible addresses). Make sure it isn't really narrow, like only having 5 available addresses.

Also, make sure the router is set to WPA2-PSK/AES encryption, which is the usual protocol used by mobile devices.

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

RADaugherty

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Alright so.

I checked the ranges and I had a 255 range so all was good there.

I also had the WPA2-PSK (AES) enabled. But I saw the option for

WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) and thought "Maybe since this is an older device it can't handle the newer protocols" and viola. It connected with that!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty