No browsers are working - start loading and then website can't be displayed.

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

Recently i've been having issues with Chrome not loading web pages (any page at all). It happens every time i open the browser. It starts loading and after awhile it times out with the "took too long to respond"/"webpage not available) error.

This happens on both wifi and mobile data. I've had it happen on multiple different wifi networks as well. The internet is otherwise working fine - i can access other apps, etc but not through a browser. Even pages which will display in Facebook will not display when i ask it to open the page in a browser.

I have tried:
- different browsers which all have the same problem (Chrome, Firefox, Rocket, Dolphin). I also was going to try Opera Mini but it won't actually install. It gets to about 90% and says "Failed to download required content. Check your connection and try again." (again on both wifi and mobile data)
- hard reset
- powering off, waiting a few minutes and powering back on (this does fix it temporarily, enables loading of one page and then it gives the same errors again - on all browsers).
- clearing cache (general phone cache and specific browser caches)
- uninstalling and reinstalling browsers (uninstalling updates in the case of Chrome)

My phone is up to date and running version 6.0.1

Any ideas?