No browsers are working - start loading and then website can't be displayed.

A

AC Question

Hi everyone,

Recently i've been having issues with Chrome not loading web pages (any page at all). It happens every time i open the browser. It starts loading and after awhile it times out with the "took too long to respond"/"webpage not available) error.

This happens on both wifi and mobile data. I've had it happen on multiple different wifi networks as well. The internet is otherwise working fine - i can access other apps, etc but not through a browser. Even pages which will display in Facebook will not display when i ask it to open the page in a browser.

I have tried:
- different browsers which all have the same problem (Chrome, Firefox, Rocket, Dolphin). I also was going to try Opera Mini but it won't actually install. It gets to about 90% and says "Failed to download required content. Check your connection and try again." (again on both wifi and mobile data)
- hard reset
- powering off, waiting a few minutes and powering back on (this does fix it temporarily, enables loading of one page and then it gives the same errors again - on all browsers).
- clearing cache (general phone cache and specific browser caches)
- uninstalling and reinstalling browsers (uninstalling updates in the case of Chrome)

My phone is up to date and running version 6.0.1

Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress