Encrypted SD Card - Can't Manipulate Images in any way via USB

A

AC Question

I have an LG G4 and a Samsung MicroSD card. The card is encrypted using the built in encryption on the phone. The problem is that I can't seem to do anything with the images that get saved on the card unless I am using the LG file manager. No other file manager can do anything with the images. I can't do anything with them from my computer either. The image files show up in the explorer but I can't delete them and when I copy them I get a corrupted file. The only way I have found right now to get my images is by using the LG file manager to copy them from the SD card to internal storage and then I can copy them off the device onto my computer.

I am confused about weather or not this is normal and more importantly how I can make use of my SD card for storage in a way that is not so inconvenient. I would like to have it encrypted but I am not sure if there is a setting I am missing to allow the images to be decrypted for transfer over USB?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. As I understand encryption, once the card is encrypted, the only device that can make changes to those files is the device that did the original encryption.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty