Auto-brightness stops adjusting brigtness

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that on the Prime, the auto-brightness can be very unreliable? There have been times that I have been in a completely dark room being completely blinded by the screen before I realize the auto brightness has neglected to correct itself. Or when outside I will notice I can barely see the screen, and notice the same issue.

Usually, deactivating and reactivating the auto-brightness toggle by raising the status bar will usually correct the issue. I know this because upon reactivating the toggle, the level will immediatley adjust itself.

but lately, I encountered times when regardless of how many times I toggle it, the Prime will not auto adjust and I have to reboot or do it manually. Anyone know if there is a fix in the works for this?

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I would think the first thing to consider is a hard reset. From powered off hold the volume key down then the power button until you see the white type upper left then let go of both and wait for a restart. Another thing to look at is if you have a case that could be blocking the sensor. One more thing, apps can cause that weirdness too. Swipepad is just one app I know that can cause brightness problems.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I am super notorious about my hardline against hard resets as remedies for anything but mjor issued (i.e. constant reboots, crashes, etc). It amounts to smashing a gnat with wrecking ball.

That being said, I recently performed a Hard Reset after one of my media system files became corrupted and was constantly giving me a force close dialog boxes. This issue was not resolved by a hard reset.

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Hard resets, (not factory resets) are very under rated. I have a customer with a TF who does a hard reset every week. And his TF runs like a top so I;m not going to bother telling him it isn't necessary that often. I do one once a month.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Hard resets, (not factory resets) are very under rated. I have a customer with a TF who does a hard reset every week. And his TF runs like a top so I;m not going to bother telling him it isn't necessary that often. I do one once a month.

Well that's news to me. I thought a hard reset was identical to a factory reset. Wiping all data on the Prime.

How do you perform a hard reset? Is data lost?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87