WiFi Outlook Sync

skimore2020

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for an app that I can sync my Transformer with my Corporate Exchange over WiFi. Here's the kicker...it is a personal tablet and I only want the calendar and contacts to sync (no email). Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Calendar: Google Sync. It will sync your Calendar to Google Calendar which your tab can sync to easily.

Contacts: There are a lot of these but I use GO Contact Sync Mod at SourceForge.net: Go Contact Sync Mod - Project Web Hosting - Open Source Software
It is free and works just fine for me.

Both of these need to be running on the machine with your corporate Outlook as they sync with Outlook rather than Exchange.

Reactions: skimore2020

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I use gSyncit. Had it about 2 years now and works great. The company is now called Fieldstone Software, cost is around $20. Does contacts, calendar, Outlook notes (to Google Docs) and tasks. I don't use tasks so cannot comment on that feature.

BryEDS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my tablet infront of me, but on my drolid x2 when I look at my exchange email account settings, I can tell it to not sync my email, but leave the contacts and calendar syncing with the phone through exchange without using a third party solution. you're not using cellular data, so your tablet can sync it natively without buying a program to sync - my transformer pad is syncing my email, contacts and calendar. I used touchdown int he past and tried another program that was available, I think it was k9 email, and neither worked as well as using the exchange account built into the phone.

Again, you DONT need a third party program to sync an exchange email account on the tablet, you should be able to tell it to NOT sync the emails with it and leave the contacts, calendar and tasks.

bj426

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I opted to NOT let the corporate sync do calendar and contacts because it seemed to be a two way sync.... I didn't want my personal contacts and appointments going to my work "outlook"

paranoid? maybe.... I just didn't like that idea... I let the corporate sync push email to my device... and use google calendar sync (one way) to sync my work calendar with my google calendar.

I haven't found an option that I like yet for contacts. I'll have to try some mentioned above.

Advantageinv

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
When I was using Exchange with my Android phone, I was able to "uncheck" the mail and let everything else sync just using the mail app. I would think twice before letting Google merge with your corporate Exchange