1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Default 8.2.3.9 OTA update

Since people were pinging me about possible bricks, I updated mine on camera.

Is it just me or did the video fade to black around 3:00 mark rest of the way?

Quote Originally Posted by hawflake View Post
    Is it just me or did the video fade to black around 3:00 mark rest of the way?
    Yes, what's up with that???

ROM
    Stock (Rooted)

Yup, same happened here.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Whoa Weird. I'll look into that.

So how are people doing these updates? I assume the OP's 8.2.3.9 is from the Build Number under about tablet. Looking at mine it says "US_epad-8.2.2.6.1-20110325" and when I try to click the system update all I get is "There is no update..."

I guess I am running 8.2.2.6 compared to his 8.2.3.9?

They have a thread on XDA talking about the update bricking some of the units...There have been a few Asus people posting in the thread about trying to work on a fix for the issue......

In the mean time according to the thread they stated that Asus had pulled the update from their servers......

Dave.......

Quote Originally Posted by antacus View Post
    So how are people doing these updates? I assume the OP's 8.2.3.9 is from the Build Number under about tablet. Looking at mine it says "US_epad-8.2.2.6.1-20110325" and when I try to click the system update all I get is "There is no update..."

I guess I am running 8.2.2.6 compared to his 8.2.3.9?
    mine shipped with build 8.2.3.6.

The OTA prolly comes through as a notification once it pushes out and has been automatically downloaded locally (dont quote me on that). you can manually check for updates under settings>about tablet>system update (very first choice). mine continues to say " there is no update available for your device currently"

Yup, that is the same message I have been getting when I try to update since I got my pad sat. Ohh well, guess nothing major.