Can you use gestures on the keyboard dock touchpad?

erotavlas

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought I saw a reviwer on youtube perform gestures with the touchpad, like shrinking pages with the pinch gesture. Is this possible? and if so how is it done because I coudn't do it

FHSPSU67

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's possible. Just use two fingers - I find it most comfortable and efficient if I lay my thumb on the screen and pinch or spread with my index finger.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep you can, I poersonally don't use it though since everytime I type I tend to touch the touchpad and causes me to make mistakes when typing.

"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart. Alan Alda"

FHSPSU67

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I misread your OP and had assumed we were talking about the touch-screen. I can't do it with the touch-pad, either.:-[

erotavlas

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
so does anyone know how to enable the gestures using the mousepad? because i saw another review today on youtube where the guy performed a gesture (sliding back and forth between desktops)

i tried this and other gestures on my mousepad but it does not work, i only have the cursor, and need to use the touchscreen to perform any gestures

is something wrong with my keyboard dock?

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I can do it on the homescreen, but I haven't tried anywhere else.

With two fingers, swipe left and right on the touchpad to rotate home screens.

erotavlas

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
well actually I tried again but I can only do the slide or scrolling gesture, but i need to use two fingers in contact with the mousepad to do it.. It doesn't work with one finger.

and also I noticed that the direction of motion on the mousepad has the opposite effect as the same motion applied on the touchscreen (i.e. pages move the other way around using the mousepad as they do using the touchscreen)

Can someone verify these points?

Also the shrink and zoom gestures dont work at all no matter how many fingers I use or in what combination (I was trying it with the browser)

Last edited:

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
well actually I tried again but I can only do the slide or scrolling gesture, but i need to use two fingers in contact with the mousepad to do it.. It doesn't work with one finger.

and also I noticed that the direction of motion on the mousepad has the opposite effect as the same motion applied on the touchscreen (i.e. pages move the other way around using the mousepad as they do using the touchscreen)

Can someone verify these points?

Also the shrink and zoom gestures dont work at all no matter how many fingers I use or in what combination (I was trying it with the browser)

Of course it only works with 2 fingers. It needs 2 fingers to detect that you are in multi-touch mode. If you used just 1 finger, it would just simply move your cursor.

I also have not been able to get other mutli-touch functions working using the touchpad, such as pinch to zoom so.... I'd like to see a video of someone doing it if they are saying it works for them.

androidASUS

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Of course it only works with 2 fingers. It needs 2 fingers to detect that you are in multi-touch mode. If you used just 1 finger, it would just simply move your cursor.

I also have not been able to get other mutli-touch functions working using the touchpad, such as pinch to zoom so.... I'd like to see a video of someone doing it if they are saying it works for them.
You can't pinch to zoom using the transformer's dock. The only thing you can do is TWO finger scroll in any direction: up down left right.

erotavlas

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, then how do you minimize and maximize things with the keyboard dock? On a winodws pc or laptop its CRTL + or - and CTRL 0 to reset back to original size (depending on the application, but generally those key combos)

I caouldn't find a similar function with the keyboard. The only thing I can do is reach over with my hand and use the touchscreen to zoom and shrink.

Anyone know how to do this with either the mousepad or keyboard key combinations? Or is it not possible :confused:

androidASUS

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, then how do you minimize and maximize things with the keyboard dock? On a winodws pc or laptop its CRTL + or - and CTRL 0 to reset back to original size (depending on the application, but generally those key combos)

I caouldn't find a similar function with the keyboard. The only thing I can do is reach over with my hand and use the touchscreen to zoom and shrink.

Anyone know how to do this with either the mousepad or keyboard key combinations? Or is it not possible :confused:
It depends on the app, unfortunately. What I do is reach over with my hand to zoom but the good thing is the resolution is 1280 x 800 so I don't have to zoom as much.

Has some keyboard shortcuts:
[INFO] TF101 Keyboard Dock - Complete Shortcut List - xda-developers

No CTRL + or - to zoom in and out. Has a different shortcut with the default browser!

virtualranger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Gestures work on my touchpad. I can use two fingers to scroll and pinch to zoom. The scroll works well but zooming is a bit laggy and works better directly on the screen. Im using firmware ww 8.5.6.7.

(Edited to say this is when I'm using the default browser)

Dodeca

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I can zoom and shrink with my touchpad, it just takes a little (okay, a lot) more pressure to do so. You might find it easier to do it with two hands. Press solidly on the touchpad and move your fingers apart. You can also zoom/shrink by double-tapping the touchpad.