asus me173x problem after os update to 4.2.2

stsaxon

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Sound app in settings crashes every time, did not happen befor os update. Why????? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know if its just an isolated problem or a bug in 4.2.2.

Last edited:

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I would try a factory reset and see if the issues persist afterwards. If it was working before the update, than I think it's safe to say it's not a hardware issue. Try the reset, because sometimes there might be a glitch and a reset will give your tablet a fresh start with the newly installed update.

haboo513

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello I have same problems with my tablet. After update to 4.2.2 lot of applications crash as a sound setup or an android internet "explorer". Did the factory reset help? Thank for your answer or any advice. :(

Last edited:

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to check in since I haven't heard back on the thread. Did any of you having the crashing issue try the factory reset? Is it still crashing afterwards?

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to check in since I haven't heard back on the thread. Did any of you having the crashing issue try the factory reset? Is it still crashing afterwards?

I can confirm that a factory reset fixed it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

redfishsc

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
How exactly did you get 4.2.2? I only have 4.2.1 on mine. It arrived today. I did a check for system updates, and it did indeed update, but it didn't give me anything but 4.2.1.

Rabbiddog

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it seems that even though the update has been out for some time, they still don't push it out right away for new tablets. Bought 3 of these several days ago as Christmas presents. 1 literally updated as soon as I connected it to the internet. The other two are still waiting and get that pesky "internet connection or server busy" error. So after sevaral days, still waiting for the update for the other two.

On a side note, does anyone know how to boot these into boot loader? I tried the typical power+volume down at boot up but that doesn't seem to work.

dennishca

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I just got the asus me 173x today and every time I try to access the sound settings it crashes. I tried a factory reset nothing changed.

PositiveDreams

May 12, 2013
Visit site
To do a Hard Reset, Make sure the tablet is off. Then Try holding your Volume Up button while pressing the power button. Then you should see "Select boot Mode" and 3 options. Use the Volume up and down keys to select, and power to enter.

Cheers!