Axon 7 or Nexus 6p

Jcblack3310

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I have been using the 6p since October. My question is, do you think it is worth the money to buy the Axon 7?. I'm having a hard time deciding if the Axon 7 or the Alcatel Idol 4s would be a solid upgrade. I'm currently using the honor 5x and it's been great.

Any input would be helpful.

Posted via the Android Central App

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Nexus 6p and I decided to take the leap with the Axon 7. My main reason for go with the Axon 7 is I want to see if a flagship at that price range is worth it. Another reason I am going with the Axon 7 is that it's Daydream ready, so if this phone is a solid performer I will not have to upgrade in a few months to use that feature.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I could probably sell my 6P right now including any accessories I have for a bit of a profit for the Axon 7, but I'm used to stock Android after dealing with TW on my old S3. So while the Axon 7 intrigues me because of with its audio set up, ZTE's skin and lack of consistent updates, as well as the smaller battery have me on the fence.

Jcblack3310

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the Axon 7 last night. I get to pick it up at Best Buy on Friday July 29th. Im excited.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It really depends on what's important to you. I absolutely require good, front facing speakers and an sd slot, so the 6P isn't even a consideration for me. Better and best is largely subjective with phones.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you need OS and monthly security patches immediately, Nexus is the way to go.

But if those aren't high on your list, a bigger world opens up. ZTE has the potential to knock it out of the park - a flagship killer without needing to market itself as a flagship killer.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The Nexus 6P is no competition for the Axon 7

The Axon 7 has much better specs across the board.

The Nexus is a DEV device, always was

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I decided to skip the Nexus 6P deal on Prime Day, and the Axon 7 preorder page went live the very next day.

I think the stronger comparison will be between the Axon 7 and the upcoming Nexus models, especially when the Axon 7 gets Nougat to be Daydream ready.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Good. Good. Good. Good. Everybody! Go buy the Axon 7! Now! Before they're all gone!

(With any luck that'll help drive down the price of the 6P. and I'll be able to get in on the beta program for Android O next year. Shhhh.)

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Unlikely the next nexus devices have better specs, not even a powerful DAC , dual SIM and sd card slot i think.

As a dev who's building apps for the android ecosystem go for Nexus as it's OS is always up2date.

As a consumer, it does not matter much

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32