Micro SD card not recognized

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my new NC to 1.1.0 so that I can root it with AutoNooter 3.0.0.
But, a new 8GB PNY MicroSD card is not being recognized by the NC, or by Windows Explorer. When in the NC, the NC says no sd card installed. When looked at by Windows Explorer, it sees a Removable Disk (F:), but is unable to read or format it. The MicroSD card came with an adaptor. So, I am unable to write the .img file to it.

Sounds silly, but I am stumped and would appreciate and suggestions.

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded my new NC to 1.1.0 so that I can root it with AutoNooter 3.0.0.
But, a new 8GB PNY MicroSD card is not being recognized by the NC, or by Windows Explorer. When in the NC, the NC says no sd card installed. When looked at by Windows Explorer, it sees a Removable Disk (F:), but is unable to read or format it. The MicroSD card came with an adaptor. So, I am unable to write the .img file to it.

Sounds silly, but I am stumped and would appreciate and suggestions.

Not silly at all; I have read about this problem quite a few times on different threads. I don't know if this is helpful, but if you have a cell phone that accepts MicroSD cards, you can use the cell phone to format it. That's what I did when I couldn't get my computer to format mine correctly. Also, it seems that Sandisk cards are a better deal with these procedures. I have used the same one and imaged it not less than 6 times in getting to where I want to be and it's still working fine.

HTH, but maybe somebody who knows more than I do will kick in and help. A Google search might come up with some other ideas. It will be worth it to figure it out because I have just rooted my Nook Color with Nookie Froyo and I'm lovin' it! I had to learn a lot of stuff to get it done, but I have just what I want now. Hang in there!

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I have done a lot of searching on the net and it seems
I need a reader that is designed for Microsd "HC" cards. The SanDisk Model
sddrk-121-a11m is inexpensive and might do the trick. I'm going to see if my local Radio Shack stores have it in stock. If so, I will get one today and post the results.

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with the SDreader in my laptop
I picked up a USB adapter at staples (sony or staple makes them)
This worked flawlessly.. after having much the same issue you did.
it was $8

Good luck

jostarr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Got the The SanDisk Model sddrk-121-a11m from my local Radio Shack. It works great with my MicroSD HC card. I was able to format the card with my PC. When inserted in my NC, the card was read by the NC an I was able o format it again with the NC. I was able to write Autonooter 3.0.0 to it, but unfortunately, I bricked my Noon. Not the fault of ther card or card reader I feel sure.