What is the most important when choosing an Instant Messenger?

fiona1105

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
We are producing a new Instant Messenger called Qute, which is totally free. I really want to hear your opinions about Instant messenger. What is the most attracting funtion for you? What is the most serious problem that you cann't tolerate? We will considerate your suggestions carefully and strive to create an IM software that satisfy most of you. Once your opinion is adopted, you will feel like that you are the inventer of the software!! How proud and amazing it will be! Wait for your voices~:D

Reactions: chris mart

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
- Cross platform. It has to be available for communication no matter what device is being used: Android, BlackBerry, iOS, W7 Phone, Mac, Windows...

- Battery life. Most of the messengers that last use Push technology. If your app requires constant connection, the battery will drain quickly and nobody will use the app. It will be uninstalled faster than anything.

- Message confirmations. If all it does is send messages out into the vastness without any knowledge that the destination has been reached, there is no reason to use it instead of Google Talk or other IM apps.

- Group chat. There are plenty of other chat apps out there. Most don't have simple group chat capabilities. I miss the simplicity of BBM Group chat. I could join a group based on a theme and chat with others who weren't in my contact list, then add people to my list after I got to know them.

- File sharing. Got to be able to share images, links, and other things.

- Multiple connections. I have an Android phone and a tablet. The nice thing about GT is that incoming messages go to both devices. I can then pick up whichever one I want and start chatting. I can even go to my PC and chat from there, all without having to log out from the other devices. I also use Kik, but I can only use it on my phone. If I'm on my tablet, I have to stop what I'm doing, grab my phone and chat. I'd much rather prefer to keep on using whatever device I happen to be on at the time.

- NOT phone number based. I chat with a lot of people. Friends, family, acquaintances. Not everyone has my cell phone number, and I don't want to give it out to everyone. There are other chat apps based on phone number (to mimic SMS) and I refuse to use them. I prefer giving out a username.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.

Reactions: fiona1105

miqnobo

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: What is the most important when choosing an Instant Messenger

One thing every IM app is missing, is sharing normal files.. like .zip .rar etc. Would be a security risk and stuff but i'd like such feature in an im app. :)

Reactions: fiona1105

fiona1105

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

- Cross platform. It has to be available for communication no matter what device is being used: Android, BlackBerry, iOS, W7 Phone, Mac, Windows...

- Battery life. Most of the messengers that last use Push technology. If your app requires constant connection, the battery will drain quickly and nobody will use the app. It will be uninstalled faster than anything.

- Message confirmations. If all it does is send messages out into the vastness without any knowledge that the destination has been reached, there is no reason to use it instead of Google Talk or other IM apps.

- Group chat. There are plenty of other chat apps out there. Most don't have simple group chat capabilities. I miss the simplicity of BBM Group chat. I could join a group based on a theme and chat with others who weren't in my contact list, then add people to my list after I got to know them.

- Multiple connections. I have an Android phone and a tablet. The nice thing about GT is that incoming messages go to both devices. I can then pick up whichever one I want and start chatting. I can even go to my PC and chat from there, all without having to log out from the other devices. I also use Kik, but I can only use it on my phone. If I'm on my tablet, I have to stop what I'm doing, grab my phone and chat. I'd much rather prefer to keep on using whatever device I happen to be on at the time.

- NOT phone number based. I chat with a lot of people. Friends, family, acquaintances. Not everyone has my cell phone number, and I don't want to give it out to everyone. There are other chat apps based on phone number (to mimic SMS) and I refuse to use them. I prefer giving out a username.

I am greatly appreciated for your suggestion! Your opinion is very important for us! We will strive to creat your satisfied app! Thanks again~

fiona1105

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

One thing every IM app is missing, is sharing normal files.. like .zip .rar etc. Would be a security risk and stuff but i'd like such feature in an im app. :)

I learn that now and we will add this new function in our next version. Thanks a lot!:)

fiona1105

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Do you love group chat? graffiti? voice notes? Which is the most important one for an Instant Messenge software?:-*

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Totally agree

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

The two most important things for me in a messaging app are speed and a popup function